Comodo Backup Reviewed by CNET
Comodo announces that its Comodo BackUp, a free solution that protects users against data loss resulting from system crashes and corruption from viruses, has been reviewed by CNET and recommended as one of the top five backup solutions on the market today. The recent review (July 11, 2008) evaluated solutions based on functionality, usability and ease of use and Comodo BackUp made the top five list despite the multitude of backup solutions available on the market today.
Comodo BackUp provides full document backup, easier automated file duplication and recovery so users can protect their information and documents reliably. It is also one of the easiest ways for most users to maintain a regular process for file backup that overcomes many of the concerns users have about the perceived difficulty to implement regular backup processes for the PCs.
Comodo BackUp incorporates new features that enable the safe and easy backup of critical data. The application is suitable for home users and network administrators alike. With Comodo BackUp, users can save files to a variety of media such as a local or network drives as well as FTP servers and CD/DVD writers.
Key features of Comodo BackUp include:
- Complete file and folder duplication to local / network drives, FTP servers and CD/DVD writers;
- Schedule backups to run automatically according to the user defined timetable;
- File Synchronization occurs real time, as soon as they are saved;
- Intelligent incremental backups;
- Should the original files become damaged or lost, users can quickly recover them using Comodo BackUp's one touch restore feature;
- Advanced, rule-based filtering;
- E-mail reporting to mailing lists upon backup completion;
- Extensive reporting logs;
- Can run in User Specific or Windows Service mode;
- Users can configure the solution in minutes.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Computing News :: home page