Webroot Secure Backup Now Available
Webroot has announced the availability of Webroot Secure Backup, a new data backup solution for home PC users which protects digital photos, music and any other files from damage or loss. Webroot Secure Backup, delivered over the Internet as a service, automatically secures data online, locally or both to ensure users always have access to the files they value most.
The company recently moved into providing software over the Internet as a service, or software a service (SaaS), for businesses. Webroot Secure Backup, the company's first offering of SaaS products to consumers, protects data from virtually any cause of damage or loss such as hard drive crashes, fire, theft and accidental deletion.
Webroot Secure Backup combines online and local data protection into a single, simple application and service that provides up to 50 gigabytes of online backup space and protects files on up to three different computers; making it suited for families and power-users alike. Users are able to select what they want saved by using simple tree indexes that allow them to pick either files or full folders for backup.
Webroot utilises one of the most advanced three-tiered file encryption processes available to consumers to ensure privacy and data integrity, and leverages multiple tier-IV data centers to keep files secure "in the cloud". No other backup provider delivers the support of Webroot's global data network. Data backed up online is accessible from any PC with Internet access, and users can easily share links to files rather than send large e-mail attachments. Users can also create secure backups on local media such as CDs, DVDs, external hard disks, and flash drives.
Select features of Webroot Secure Backup include:
- Integrated Online and Local Backup: Webroot Secure Backup is a complete data protection solution with both online and local file backup and restoration capabilities.
- Protects Files on Multiple PCs: Data on up to 3 separate PCs can be backed up to a single online account rather than having to pay to protect each computer separately.
- Automatic File Backup: File protection happens automatically in the background or on demand. Backups can be set to occur daily, weekly or monthly.
- Unlimited File Archives: Every version of every file is saved online until the user removes them, ensuring a every historical copy is always accessible. File archives are ideal for financial records or desktop email in case users need to refer to previous versions.
- End to End Data Security: Multiple layers of security are used to ensure files are protected during online backups. Data is encrypted before and after it is sent through a secure connection to Webroot's high-security data centers.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Computing News :: home page