ESTC2008 Announces a High Calibre Line-Up of Keynote Speakers
The European Semantic Technology Conference (ESTC2008) has announced a high calibre line-up of keynote speakers for this year's event, taking place in Vienna, Austria, from 24-26 September 2008. Early registration is now open, with reduced fees for participants registering before 31 July.
Putting semantic technology on the European business agenda, the ESTC2008, now in its second year, brings together leading thinkers, developers, and senior practitioners to discuss the application of semantic technology in industry, commerce and government. The two day conference will feature real life case studies and practical experience presentations, as well as workshops, tutorials and an industrial exhibition.
Semantic technology allows the interconnection of data and content based on its meaning, making company and web knowledge management much smarter and more efficient. Examples for enterprise applications include semantic search, Service Oriented Architectures, knowledge engineering, collaboration and Web 3.0 applications.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Peter Jackson - Chief Scientist, Thomson Reuters Professional;
- Barak Pridor - CEO of Clearforest, a Thomson Reuters Markets company;
- Orestis Terzidis – Director, SAP Research Centre CEC;
- Hans Uszkoreit - Scientific Director at the German Research Centre for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) and Head of DFKI Language Technology Lab;
- Hugo Zaragoza - Yahoo! Research Barcelona.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Computing News :: home page