Interstoff Asia Essential Spring
Interstoff Asia Essential opens for 3 days from 17 March 2010 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. A number of exciting events together with 270 fashion, functional and eco-textile suppliers are set to take stage at this colourful fair.
Exhibitors will occupy Halls 1D & E and be grouped together in special areas for easy buyer navigation. Among these areas are country and region pavilions representing Elite China, Fine Japan, and Amazing Taiwan, which have all increased in scale, while Premium Korea has maintained the same amount of trade space.
Eco related supplier participation is also up from 2009 – a massive 100 percent including an eco pavilion grouped under Control Union. Other significant increases are the number of Hong Kong based suppliers, a rise of 50 percent from the previous edition as well as a 30 percent growth in accessories suppliers, who will be grouped in one area and clearly signposted at the fair.
Perhaps most significant, is the overall exhibitor participation increase, up 65 percent from the previous year, proving the fair's relevancy in this highly competitive market. Big & Big Textiles, Franz Barta, Labtex Co., Skytex, are just some of this year's debuts that visitors can either source products or gather valuable eco industry information from.
Equally as important are the series of tailor made events, which add value to the fair, including:
• A multi-designer touring sustainable fashion display called 'EcoChic' by Hong Kong registered charity, Green2Greener, and features both ready-to-wear and eco couture designed by:
• Diane von Furstenberg (Belgium)
• Dorian Ho (Hong Kong)
• EDUN (Ireland)
• Gu Yu (China)
• Leila Hafzi (Italy)
• Plus many more!
• Fashion walks hosted by design students from Caritas Bianchi College of Careers (CBCC), who will interpret S/S 2011 trends in their garments using exhibitors' fabrics and members of the Knitwear Innovation and Design Society (KIDS), who will focus on creating innovative knitwear.
• Trend forums, which highlight S/S 2011 trends as forecasted by the Asia Directions trend committee.
• An in-depth sustainability conference, "Planet Textiles" with leading speakers representing brands, manufacturers, retailers, trade associations and chemical companies. Among them are adidas Group, Huntsman Textile Effect, Lenzing plus many more.
• Presentations on design & trends, technology updates and market news featuring speakers from Pantone, Testex, WGSN and others.
write your comments about the article :: © 2010 Exhibition News :: home page