Nominum Announces New Products
Nominum announces enhancements to its Vantio caching DNS platform, two new products, and the new Trusted Response and Universal Enforcement (TRUE) architecture that leverage the ubiquity, scale and performance of Nominum's technology that currently serves 150 million broadband households. Together, the new products and architecture offer real time protection for all broadband users and devices against a wide range of Internet threats and malicious, illegal and inappropriate content.
Nominum's TRUE architecture and new products offer the following advantages:
- New revenues through paid subscriber services;
- Reduce cost of helpdesk calls from users victimized by Internet threats;
- Network-wide protection (all users, devices and applications);
- No impact to users, browsers and applications;
- No privacy issues unlike intrusive approaches;
- Hundred times better price / performance of alternatives;
- No network re-architecture and no new hardware;
- Scales up to a billion malicious Internet destinations;
- Supports multiple threat data sources.
Nominum's TRUE architecture is a suitable launch point for service providers to maximize user protection without impacting privacy. The following Vantio enhancements and new products are the first in a series to utilize the new TRUE architecture:
- Vantio Base Server is an advanced caching DNS platform that now features a modular design for on-demand addition of new services. Vantio offers the most advanced DNS security, including protection against the Kaminsky cache poisoning attack.
- Vantio MDR (Malicious Domain Redirection) Service Delivery Module is a new add-on software module for the Vantio Base Server with real-time enforcement of threat data and security policies to safe guard Internet interactions. It acts as a self-learning enforcement point in the network and redirects user requests for malicious destinations to a helpful provider-managed notification page.
- Centris Server is a new threat aggregation and provisioning platform capable of tracking up to a billion malicious Internet destinations. It complements the Vantio MDR module by synchronizing with a wide range of threat information feeds in real-time and making the data instantaneously available to MDR enforcement nodes.
The new products and the TRUE architecture achieve complete coverage of threats to the network and Internet user, and maximize effectiveness across the entire broadband subscriber footprint, including new Internet-aware devices such as mobile phones. They provide real-time protection from all forms of web-based malware, phishing, illegal or inappropriate content, and e-mail spam. Likewise, Nominum's Vantio provides four layers of protection against all forms of DNS attacks, including the Kaminsky cache poisoning attack, DoS and DDoS, and Birthday attacks.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Networking News :: home page