Belkin Announces its ETL-Verified CAT6a Cabling Solutions
Belkin has announced its ETL-Verified CAT6a cabling solutions, designed to enable 10-Gigabit-per-second connectivity in the data center and throughout a structured cabling system. The solution links 10GBase-T networking equipment using Belkin CAT6a patch cords, patch panels, keystones, and bulk cabling. Growing Ethernet bandwidth requirements are leading IT and facility managers to deploy 10GBase-T solutions and consolidate servers in an effort to maximize data center performance. Belkin's CAT6a end-to-end solutions pass all TIA/EIA-568-B.2-10 requirements in both "channel" and "permanent link" configurations, including alien crosstalk, return loss, insertion loss, propagation delay, and delay skew.
CAT6a solution components include:
- Patch Cables (F2CP003) in various lengths: 1, 3, 5, 7, 10, 14, 20, and 25 ft.;
- Bulk Cables (F2CP004-1000) in 1000 ft. reels: Stranded CM (F2CP004-1000) and Solid CMR (F2CP005-1000); Cable Colors: Aqua, Black, and Gray;
- Keystones (F2CP006-H) and Patch Panels (F4P600).
Features and benefits:
- Compliant to industry standards – Official TIA/EIA-568-B.2-10 and ISO/IEC 11801-compliant;
- Meets all alien crosstalk reduction specifications – Not affected by wire in adjacent cable;
- 10Gbps transmission to 100m for 10GBase-T applications;
- Performance tested – Tested to exceed 500MHz;
- CAT6a copper patch cables feature molded connectors with snagless guards – Make installations effortless and protect connector tabs from damage;
- CAT6a copper patch cables feature gold-plated connector contacts – Deliver maximum conductivity for high-speed data transmissions;
- Backward-compatible with CAT5e and CAT6.
The solution will be available November 2008 in the US.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Networking News :: home page