Dune Networks Introduces FAP21V and FAP11V Devices
Dune Networks has introduced two new devices expanding the company's SAND chipset offering. The devices, named FAP21V and FAP11V offer enhanced Traffic Management functionality addressing edge functionality of Metro Ethernet and Access Networks.
FAP21V and FAP11V provide 20 Gbps and 10 Gbps full duplex programmable traffic management with an integrated SAND fabric interface. The devices provide one (FAP11V) or two (FAP21V) SPI4.2 interfaces to the line side, DRAMs for deep packet buffering and serial links for fabric and mesh interconnection.
The FAP devices' unique abilities to interconnect and communicate via the SAND fabric or a mesh, provides a distributed TM functionality across a switching system. Furthermore, they may be used as standard stand-alone ingress and/or egress traffic management devices. A FAP11/21V device provides fully programmable traffic management services, addressing the standards and implementation agreements of the MEF, IETF DiffServ, DSL Forum TR-059/TR-101.
FAP11/21V programmable scheduling includes:
- Fully programmable scheduling hierarchy;
- Support for uneven hierarchical schemes;
- Single and dual bucket shaping enabling fully specified CIR/CBS and EIR/EBS bandwidth profiles;
- Simultaneous Shaping at every level and entity in the hierarchy;
- System aware WRED, enabling WRED decisions to be based on full system view.
The FAP11V and FAP21V devices are sampling now with volume production in Q2/08.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Networking News :: home page