Spyware Doctor 5.5 Launched
PC Tools has announced the launch of the latest release of its Spyware Doctor, Version 5.5. Version 5.5 has been upgraded to provide minimal impact to computer performance and user-friendly functionality.
New features include enhanced rootkit detection and removal, enhanced real-time protection at the kernel level, reduced memory usage, network guard enhancements and automated threat evaluation.
Consistently awarded Editor's Choice awards by leading PC magazines and testing laboratories worldwide and downloaded by over a hundred million users globally, Spyware Doctor continues to detect, remove and block all types of malware including spyware, adware, spyware Trojans, rootkits, keyloggers and a variety of other security related risks. OnGuard real-time protection also protects the user from malicious phishing websites.
Spyware Doctor 5.5 provides:
- Enhanced Rootkit Removal - Spyware Doctor 5.5 now has upgraded rootkit removal techniques that reduce the number of system reboots previously required to remove some of the most difficult rootkits.
- Improved Real-time Kernel Level Protection - Unlike previous versions, the OnGuard real-time protection in Spyware Doctor 5.5 now can make decisions on threats earlier, at the kernel level, to help improve performance.
- Reduced Memory Usage - The overall memory usage and footprint for Spyware Doctor 5.5 has been reduced to ensure minimal impact to computer performance.
- Network Guard Enhancement - Network Guard has been upgraded to include additional protection against new threats that attack network registry settings, thus preventing them from interfering with your Internet connection.
- Intelli-risk Rating - In previous versions of Spyware Doctor, unnecessary warnings may have occurred with inactive traces of threats rated as high risk. Now in Spyware Doctor 5.5, the intelli-risk rating system ranks threats by rating inactive traces of threats detected according to the actual risk posed.
- Automated Threat Evaluation – Spyware Doctor 5.5 now incorporates automatic threat evaluation, providing standardized descriptions that allow easy differentiation and understand detected threats.
Standard features include:
- Free 24-hour customer support for all users;
- Frequent advanced updates to ensure constant protection;
- Detects and removes all types of Spyware and Adware threats.
The software is designed for Windows Vista, XP and 2000.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Networking News :: home page