Legends of Norrath Expands with Set Five: Ethernauts
Players can get their virtual hands on more than 280 new cards with the launch of Ethernauts, the fifth release for Legends of Norrath from Sony Online Entertainment (SOE). Explore the adventures of the Ethernauts, ancient heroes who saved the world of Norrath from destruction, through 10 new scenarios with an all-new story. Ethernauts also brings players 20+ new loot cards for EverQuest and EverQuest II, new light and shadow cards, and the new Legendary Starter Pack. In addition, all active Legends of Norrath, EverQuest and EverQuest II players with paid subscriptions in good standing will receive a complimentary Cloudskipper starter deck.
In addition, all EverQuest and EverQuest II subscribers with paid subscriptions in good standing are eligible automatically to receive five digital Legends of Norrath Ethernauts trading card booster packs each month included with their paid MMO subscription at no additional cost. This special promotion is scheduled to begin with the scheduled release of Ethernauts, continuing until the release of the sixth Legends of Norrath expansion in February 2009.
Ethernauts features include:
- New Storyline: Ethernauts kicks off the second story block for Legends of Norrath, telling a story of adventure, heroism, loss and sacrifice that sets the stage for the events unfolding in EverQuest II The Shadow Odyssey. Players will follow in the footsteps of the Ethernauts through compelling new artwork, lore and scenarios, developed in close collaboration with the EverQuest II team.
- New Cards: More than 280 beautiful new cards. Ethernauts also adds new unit races, including the Half-elves, the Centaurs and the Treants, as well as four new avatar cards. Ethernauts also adds a new subset of ultra-rare foil cards with exciting new card templates that are sure to be much sought-after collector's items.
- New Loot: Ethernauts adds 20+ new loot cards for EverQuest and EverQuest II, including rare and exotic items from the Void, as well as new mounts, cloaks, consumables and even an ice cream wagon.
- New Bonuses for Current Subscribers: All EverQuest and EverQuest II subscribers and LoN subscribers with paid subscriptions in good standing will receive a complimentary Cloudskipper starter deck with the release of Ethernauts as part of their subscription. This beginner's starter deck will introduce players to the gameplay and mechanics of Legends of Norrath while allowing players to learn the history and backstory of the Ethernauts. This deck also includes the exclusive Cloudskipper Avatar, the airship of the Ethernauts.
- New Gameplay: Players can theme their decks with new light/shadow cards that have powerful benefits and consequences. Ethernauts also introduces two new keywords, Fabled and Lookout, which offer new strategies and approaches for raids and one-on-one gameplay.
- New Scenarios: Players can experience themed content from the upcoming EverQuest II expansion, The Shadow Odyssey, before it hits shelves! Players can also earn rewards as they relive the story of the Ethernauts through 10 new scenarios, battling trolls, ogres and void beasts, and join in the epic battle with Baron and Baroness V'Nol.
Legends of Norrath Ethernauts is available now in 15-card booster packs and the new Legendary Starter Pack.
Developed at SOE's Denver studio, Legends of Norrath is the only online trading card game based on and playable from within SOE's popular EverQuest and EverQuest II MMOs, as well as from a free stand-alone client using a free SOE Station Account ID. Players can challenge opponents on their game server and across other EverQuest and EverQuest II servers.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Game News :: home page