MLB 07 The Show for PlayStation 2 Fact Sheet
In 2006, MLB 06 The Show dominated the MLB-licensed category with more than 60% market share on the PlayStation 2. Moreover, despite publishing exclusively for PlayStation platforms, sales for the franchise led the category for all baseball games across all gaming platforms. This year, MLB 07 The Show looks to continue its reign as the most valuable player in the category by incorporating an all-new feature set and innovative gameplay enhancements.
Already widely considered the most authentic baseball simulation available, the franchise now introduces the all-new Road to The Show mode, enabling gamers to play both offense and defense from the created player's perspective. Providing an even more realistic experience from the mound, the all-new New Pitch Command System delivers unsurpassed strategy to pitch selection, as a pitcher's "pitch comfort" will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. It is up the gamer to decide if he/she should try to "work on a pitch" or just go with what is working. Additionally, with the Adaptive Pitching Intelligence feature, catchers will call the game based on the individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher as well as analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will now have the ability to either trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off.
As more and more gamers are seeking quality online competition and content, MLB 07 The Show adds to its already robust online feature set and delivers Online League Play, which offers the ability to set up customizable leagues with up to 30 teams, complete with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Additionally, the My Sliders feature allows users to create their perfect game settings and upload them to the MLB 07 The Show server for others to try out.
Due to hit stores this spring as the only officially licensed first party videogame exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system and the PlayStation Portable system, MLB 07 The Show is set to deliver an unrivaled experience for baseball fans.
- New Road to The Show – Along with Classic Career Mode, MLB 07 The Show introduces an innovative new option. Road to The Show enables gamers to play offense and defense from the created player's perspective for they plays in which they are involved. The game will automatically fast forward to the next user-integrated sequence with some events occasionally triggering situational goals form coaches or managers.
- New Adaptive Pitching Intelligence – Catchers will call the game based on individual strengths and weaknesses of each pitcher and analyze tendencies of batters. Gamers will have the ability to trust the pitches called by the catcher or shake them off. (The catcher's recommendations are based off of thousands of actual MLB stats.)
- New Pitch Command System – Delivering unsurpassed authenticity and strategy to pitch selection, a pitcher's "pitch comfort" will be predetermined based on a best to worst pitch scenario. It's up the gamer to decide if they should try to "work on a pitch" or just go with what's working. The more a player works on a pitch, the better it becomes, and the more a gamer neglects a pitch, the harder it becomes to work the zone.
- New Online League Play – MLB 07 The Show provides today's sports fanatics with the ability to set up leagues with anywhere from 6-30 teams with full stat tracking, point benefits and rewards. Gamers can customize the league including choosing players, teams, length of schedule and much more. (Note: There are no cross platform leagues available.)
- New Umpire Personalities – Providing even more realism to the diamond, MLB 07 The Show features umpires with unique tendencies and animations. Each umpire will have his own definition of the strike zone, and it's up to the gamer to figure out if the umpire is calling the zone high, low, or giving the corners.
- My Sliders (Up/Downloadable) – The My Sliders option gives users the ability to create their perfect game settings offline by adjusting game sliders. Gamers can then save these adjustments to memory and, when online, upload them for other users to try and let the online community be the judge on finding the perfect game for offline users.
- King of the Diamond – A classic playground duel from childhood where a pitcher and batter from opposing teams will square off head-to-head. This innovative mini-game showcases the challenging intensity of the batter versus pitcher duel, while an inning clock increases the pressure in this Over-The-Line style challenge.
- Rivalry Mode – For those with a competitive nature, Rivalry Mode allows baseball fans to set up and maintain multi-game rivalries between multiple gamers or versus the Artificial Intelligence (AI), and keeps track of the stats throughout the rivalry.
- Online Mode – Providing users with a complete package of unprecedented online options, the Online Mode features include head-to-head gameplay in Exhibition and King of the Diamond Modes, downloadable rosters, live sports tickers, message boards, buddy lists, and more.
- Career Mode – The Career Spotlight underscores all of the accomplishments and failures during a career and showcases them in the limelight. Gamers still need to call the shots, but now the ramifications of actions are documented.
- Franchise Mode – Extending the experience of running a team, performance and player morale are tracked on virtually every level – salary, playing time, batting slot, team performance, and much more.
- All-Star Game – Lets gamers take the virtual road trip to San Francisco early to see who prevails for home field advantage in the 2007 Fall Classic.
- Home Run Derby – Lets gamers pick the lineup and set the rules for the traditional homerun contest of Major League All-Stars. Complete with its own animation database for the most realistic aspects of the event.
- Exhibition Mode – Choose any match-up with 33 teams to choose from.
- Season Mode – Grind out the162 game season and deal with day-to-day match-ups, refining the lineup and play for the championship just like the pros.
- Playoffs Mode – For those who don't have the patience for a full 162 game season, or don't necessarily like to play unless a title is on the line, this is mode is for them. Gamers will be able to bypass the full season, then play or simulate the Divisional Series, the Championship Series and take shot at a World Series ring.
- Simulation Mode – Allows gamers to track games on a pitch-by-pitch basis as you watch the game unfold in front of your eyes. If the outcome is looking uncertain, jump into the game and take control of your team and their destiny.
- Multi-Branch Fielding – Branch Point Technology goes to a new level as gamers you can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process. Change a fielding decision and branch out of any animation after the first branch point. With Branch Point Technology, MLB 07 The Show provides unbelievably smooth, fluid transitions for seamless double plays and relays.
- User Controlled Slides – Fans can control base runners in attempts to advance and/or score.
- 40-Man Roster – Provides the ability to take full control of a team's roster and manage all 40 players for each and every game.
- Game Time Decisions – Bringing more depth to Franchise and Season Modes, MLB 07 The Show provides gamers with the scenarios in which they need to take full control of their team and decide who to place in the line up at critical times.
- Release Point Pitching – Taking video game pitching to a whole new level, gamers must utilize a timing mechanism to learn and realize each pitchers pace and release point, which varies from pitcher to pitcher.
- Pitching Confidence Meter – The ultimate pitcher/batter interface returns. Additionally, Pitcher Confidence plays a role in a gamer's ability to hit release points in the all-new pitch meter, while frequency of mistakes will impact the confidence level of a gamer's hurler, making it more difficult to paint the corners of the strike zone.
- Guess Pitch – Baseball fans can attempt to master the ability to knock one out or hit the grounder to advance the runner by checking the pitch history and correctly guessing which pitch and the location that the pitcher will throw next. If the correct pitch is selected, the power attribute is increased in attempts to leave the yard in a hurry.
- PlayMaker Fielding – The fielding interface brings the player attributes together with the user's skill level. With the Fielding Zone Marker, the fielder's fielding attribute rating will determine the size of the zone that surrounds the ball and its eventual landing location. With highly ranked fielders, the ball marker will be displayed sooner and smaller, making it easier to judge fly balls.
- Unassisted Fielding Control – Gamers can take advantage of more realistic barehanded flips and the ability to dive with the ball in the fielder's bare hand for the putout.
- Double Switches – Helps effectively manage the lineup and put the weakest stick in the nine-slot when taking advantage of double switch opportunities.
- Hot / Cold Streaks – Link together three or more hits in a game and the player will be in the zone with increases in batting attributes for contact and power. Or, if struggling, attributes are decreased.
- Player-Scaled Strike Zones – MLB 07 The Show is the only game with scaled strike zones proportionate to individual hitters.
- Interactive Hot / Cold Zones – Takes hot and cold zones one step further with the ability to alter them. Turn cold zones hot and vice versa with the performance at the plate or from the bump.
- Wind Effects – MLB 07 The Show features a wind display showing wind speed and direction. Depending upon the severity of the wind, the ball will drift according to the speed and direction. Wind effects will force the player to take the proper route to the ball and make adjustments on the fly.
MLB Player Motion Captures – MLB 07 The Show features dozens of professional athletes including David Wright, David Ortiz, Eric Chavez, Roger Clemens, Shawn Green, Tony Gwynn, Trevor Hoffman, Tim Hudson, Darryl Hamilton, Troy Percival, Brett Tomko, Mo Vaughn and more.
- Thousands of Personalized Animations – Authenticity: featuring personalized player animations for everything from walk-ups, rituals, stances and swings and even emotions.
- MLB Authenticity, Subtleties & Nuances – MLB 07 The Show features drag bunts, wild pitches, broken bats, check swings, off-line throws and much more.
- Unique Stadium Ambiance – Every MLB team features their specific stadium with coordinated crowds, team colors and audio that catering to each team and specific players.
- AAA / AA Minor Teams – MLB 07 The Show features 60 teams from the Minors.
- Old-Time Players & Stadiums – Unlock and play with Silver Era and Golden Era players like Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, then play in old-time stadiums like Forbes and Polo Grounds.
- Unrivaled Player Creator / EyeToy Functionality – MLB 07 The Show provides infinitely possible options for creating players including everything from gamers putting their face into the game with EyeToy functionality, to personal rituals, swings and even emotions.
- 3-Man Booth & Progressive Commentary – Rex Hudler, Matt Vasgersian and Dave Campbell provide the most comprehensive commentary heard in any baseball videogame. MLB 07 The Show sets the bar high with the Progressive Commentary that changes as the user progresses throughout the game by adapting to current actions and situations.
- Online News Service / MLB.com Headline News – Sports fanatics can receive all the current happenings in sports today. Information will be updated a few times each hour with news, trades and events from 31 different feeds, each containing 25 unique items. Users can select general MLB headlines or updates from all 30 teams. New for 07, MLB 07 The Show offers an enhanced Live MLB Ticker, which shows live status of all MLB games going on around the league – with updates several times a minute. This new view will be complete with who is on base, pitching, batting, on-deck and full inning-by-inning box scores.
discuss the article
source :: computing news press service
|latest news :: software|
|© 2005 game news :: home page|