Interop Las Vegas 2009
Interop released the results of a pre-show survey that indicates 42 percent of attendees at the upcoming Las Vegas intend to increase spending on technology within their organizations in 2009 as compared to last year. The Interop Las Vegas 2009 pre-show survey goes on to reveal that 95 percent of pre-registered attendees are active purchasers within their companies, interested in areas like virtualization, cloud computing, IT energy conservation, mobility & wireless, and network infrastructure and data center upgrades. Interop Las Vegas is happening May 17-21 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
"Attendees at this year's Interop Las Vegas are anxious to learn about the incredible innovation in today's business technology market and have the buying power to invest in these solutions, " said Lenny Heymann, GM of Interop. "The survey is a testament to Interop's commitment of connecting quality buyers with the leading providers of technology solutions, during an important time in the industry."
The Interop survey polled over 900 pre-registered Interop Las Vegas 2009 attendees via email and found the following top line results:
Active Buyer Trends
* 80 percent of Interop Las Vegas 2009 attendee IT budgets will increase or remain flat, while 20 percent will decrease compared with 2008
o 42 percent of attendees 2009 IT budgets are actually increasing compared with 2008
* 41 percent of Enterprise 2.0 tech budgets among Interop Las Vegas 2009 attendees will increase for 2009 while 7% will decrease
Active Buyer Profile and Interest Areas
* 95 percent of Interop attendees are active in the purchase process
* 88 percent have direct involvement with vendors, up from 68% in 2008
* 59 percent are currently using, planning to use or considering cloud computing
* 70 percent are interested in learning more about IT energy conservation
* The top 3 reasons they value the Interop event: meeting with a variety of vendors in one place, to see new products and stay up to date on technologies, and to see technology in action through in person demonstrations
Interop Las Vegas 2009 will cover key industry themes and present cost-saving IT solutions to increase revenue and improve competitive advantage. As the largest and most comprehensive business technology event, Interop will feature topics such as cloud computing, virtualization, mobility and Green IT, celebrating innovation within the market.
write your comments about the article :: © 2009 Exhibition News :: home page