Program Highlights for DISKCON USA 2006 Announced
The DISKCON USA 2006 Conference, the hard disk drive industry's premier event, today announced program highlights for this year's conference, to be held September 13 and 14 at the Hyatt Regency Conference Center in Santa Clara, California.
This year's conference, which is presented by the International Disk Drive, Equipment and Materials Association (IDEMA), will address the business and technology aspects of the hard disk drive industry, including evaluating its past accomplishments and its future potential. The conference also aims to help developers maintain hard disk drive utilization as the dominant storage technology for many years to come. Several presentations and panel discussions will be hosted by leading industry executives who will represent their companies as well as the overall hard disk drive industry.
DISKCON USA 2006 Program Highlights:
Wednesday, September 13
- 8:30 a.m. - Opening Keynote address presented by Mark Kryder (Seagate Technology): 50 Years of Disk Drives - And the Exciting Road Ahead.
- 9:00 a.m. - Historical Perspective on Hard Disk Drives to be presented by IBM's Barry Rudolph.
- 10:30 a.m. - Executive Presentation Panel to feature executives from Hitachi GST, Komag, Seagate, Toshiba, Veeco, Western Digital and Xryatex. Topic of discussion: Strategic Directions for the Future.
- 2:00 p.m. - Hard Disk Drive Technology and Its Future.
- 6:00 p.m. - Keynote dinner titled Disk - the Past, the Present and the Future to be presented by Fred Moore, Futurist and Founder Horison Information Strategies.
Thursday, September 14
- 8:30 a.m. - Retrospect of Hard Disk Drive Industry and Future Business Directions.
- 11:30 a.m. - Luncheon Keynote titled The Future Looks at Your Past: Digital Archeology and the Hard Disk Drive to be presented by Charles Sobey, Chief Scientist for ChannelScience.
- 1:00 p.m. - Intermag 2006 is a technical forum where some of the latest and greatest new technological advances for the hard disk drive industry are presented and shared.
- 3:00 p.m. - Hard Disk Drive Applications, Integration and Evolution: Users Speak Out.
- 4:30 p.m. - The Hybrid Landscape: Opportunity and Challenge.
write your comments about the article :: © 2006 Exhibition News :: home page