Paltalk Introduces Free Calling Worldwide for Android Users
Paltalk has announced the addition of free calling worldwide and free push notifications for calls to its Vumber Mobile application for Android phones. The Vumber app now enables both Android and iOS device users to place calls through Wi-Fi or an existing cellular data connection and add multiple lines to their cell phone.
With this new Vumber App, users can now place free and unlimited calls from their Android, to any other Vumber user with an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, anywhere in the world. Customers are still required to maintain a carrier plan, but they can limit the amount of minutes on their plan to save money. The app is available for a free seven day trial from the Android apps store and the iTunes store.
Major features of the Vumber Mobile app for Android include:
• Make calls on Android with Wi-Fi - Use your Android as a phone from any Wi-Fi connection, from any location in the world.
• Free unlimited calling worldwide, across any carrier - Users can make unlimited calls whether on Android or iOS, Vumber to Vumber, AT&T to Verizon etc. anywhere in the world for free.
• Multiple Lines - With Vumber you can add as many numbers as you would like to your account. Once you've done this - it's as simple as pressing the phone icon to choose which number people see when you call them.
• Wi-Fi & 3G calling - Stop worrying about bad reception and don't waste your cell plan minutes. Instead, dial with your Vumber in hotspots.
• Easy access to voicemail - Simply dial 1 from the app for instant access to your voice messages.
• Visual Speed Dial - View speed dial contacts in an easy-to-use grid. Add a picture to each one for a quick and intuitive interface.
Vumber is a virtual, disposable phone number service that lets subscribers choose an additional phone number that can be linked to any existing phone. This allows customers to make calls while maintaining the privacy of their phone numbers. Vumber is often used by small businesses that need to have separate lines for business and personal calls, but rather than having two cell phones can now have multiple numbers on a single device. Paltalk acquired the company in November 2009.
The Vumber Mobile app will continue to add functionality designed to provide users with a complete mobile communications experience via WiFi networks. The next update will feature SMS functionality, enabling users to text one person or groups of people at a time from any of the virtual numbers stored in their app. Users will also be able to update social network channels like Twitter through the app via SMS.
write your comments about the article :: © 2011 Computing News :: home page