Translation Management System 2011 Availability Announced
SDL has announced the release of SDL Translation Management System 2011, the enterprise translation management system for many of the world's largest companies with global communication requirements.
SDL TMS is a solution for automating and centralizing the process for translating content into multiple languages for global customers. In addition to leveraging collaboration with translators, reviewers and project managers, the latest release delivers extensive compatibility with the SDL Global Information Management infrastructure, and further improvements to performance and usability.
The release delivers two key areas of improvement.
• Expanded Infrastructure compatibility:
o SDL Global Information Management integration for the latest versions of SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3, SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP3/SP4, SDL Passolo 2011 and SDL Trisoft;
o Specific optimization of the SDL TMS Archiver;
o General infrastructure support includes LDAP enhancements, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 support;
o A new plug-in available from SDL OpenExchange provides SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 users with real-time, online access to translation memories in SDL TMS for both search and update.
• Usability and performance with selected user interface improvements, such as enhanced search and SmartArt support for Microsoft PowerPoint, and implementation of many customer suggestions received through ideas.sdl.com.
These new capabilities build on the existing benefits of the SDL TMS solution, including:
• Centralized linguistic technology for translation consistency, maximum re-use and reduced costs;
• Collaboration across stakeholders and business systems for seamless translation processes;
• Process automation to eliminate manual tasks for efficiency and reliability.
write your comments about the article :: © 2011 Computing News :: home page