2X VirtualDesktopServer 9 Released
2X Software has announced the release of the 2X VirtualDesktopServer v9, offering application and virtual desktop delivery to PCs, workstations and mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad and Android connectivity. The release also continues to improve upon the implementation and management of virtualized IT infrastructures, such as Microsoft Terminal Server, Hyper-V or VMware ESX, while also improving environment performance and scalability.
The 2X VirtualDesktopServer delivers secure, centrally-managed access to virtual desktops and applications hosted on Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere, ESX and ESXi, Parallels Virtuozzo Containers, Citrix XenServer, Oracle VirtualBox, Windows Remote Desktop Services/Windows Terminal Services and other leading virtualization platforms.
New 2X VirtualDesktopServer 9 features include:
- 2X Client for Mobile Devices - 2X Client for iPhone, iPad and Android includes seamless protocol support for mobile devices and features a custom keyboard appearing automatically if input fields are detected;
- VDI Pool Management - Pools offer administrators more flexibility when managing an extensive number of guests, especially when they are implemented in large company infrastructures.
- Templates - Administrators can automatically create desktops from a single template, making it easier to distribute desktops to users.
- VDI Guest/PC Agent Installation - VDI guests and PC agents can be remotely installed and support templates, seamless applications, universal printing and universal scanning. The new agents allow users to deploy applications to the local desktop directly from remote servers.
- 2nd Level Authentication - 2X VirtualDesktopServer 9 now additionally supports SafeNet and Aladdin two-factor authentication solutions.
write your comments about the article :: © 2011 Computing News :: home page