3CX Announces 3CXPhone 5
3CX announced a new version of its free VoIP soft phone for Windows, 3CXPhone 5. New features added to 3CXPhone 5 include standards based video support, multiple SIP profiles, BLF and the ability to provision and manage all soft phone installations network wide. 3CXPhone 5 will remain completely free.
New features in 3CXPhone 5:
- Video Support. Video calls can be established with the click of a button. 3CXPhone 5 video support is standards based and has been tested with popular video phones from Yealink and Grandstream.
- Multiple Profiles. It is now possible to register against multiple PBX's or VoIP providers at the same time. This allows seamless connection to multiple offices or the ability to make or pick up calls from different VoIP providers from a single 3CXPhone install.
- BLF and Speed Dials. 3CXPhone now includes the ability to configure up to 20 BLF lights or speed dials. BLF lights can be used to monitor other extensions and provide single click transfer to that extension.
- Zero Admin. 3CXPhone 5 is now much easier to manage in a network. It can be provisioned remotely with all relevant configuration information such as authentication, SIP Server details, tunnel connections and the phonebook. Users can install 3CXPhone by clicking on an HTTP link. The soft phone will be installed and automatically provisioned with the correct information so that the user can use the phone immediately. In addition, network administrators can push out software updates automatically to 3CXPhone 5, without having to visit each workstation.
- Completely Free. 3CXPhone is provided completely free of charge to individuals and organizations including commercial entities. All features (including call transfer) are enabled. This makes it easy for companies to deploy it on any Windows desktop without having to worry about cost or licensing hassles.
- Remote Extensions are easy with the 3CX Tunnel. 3CXPhone can easily be configured as a remote extension, allowing users away from the office to easily connect to the corporate phone system. The unique tunnel feature proxies all SIP & RTP traffic over a single port and makes firewall and NAT configuration a breeze. It is also possible to configure it as a remote extension using 'direct SIP'.
- Jabra Headset support. 3CXPhone also supports Jabra headsets, making it a good option for call centers.
write your comments about the article :: © 2010 Computing News :: home page