Toumaz Releases the TZ1090 XENIF
Toumaz has launched TZ1090 ('XENIF') – an advanced 32-bit processor based System-on-Chip with integrated broadcast and connectivity that provides a highly competitive, cost-effective solution for advanced cost engineered digital radios, Wi-Fi-connected photo frames and Internet connected consumer devices. This device complements the FENIX DAB+/DAB/FM CMOS RF IC that Toumaz acquired as part of its purchase of Taiwan-based Future Waves in May 2009. The TZ1090 XENIF will be available worldwide as engineering samples at the end of October 2010, with production devices available in Q1 2011.
The TZ1090 XENIF offers the most feature-rich all-in-one, 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi plus DAB+/DAB/T-DMB/FM Linux or RTOS-based platform for easy development of Wi-Fi-connected products, including Wi-Fi/DAB+/FM and Internet radio, digital photo frames, Mobile Internet Devices, DTV Demodulators, audio docks, Hi-Fi and in-car entertainment systems.
The TZ1090 XENIF provides outstanding performance at minimal power consumption, and leverages Imagination Technologies' 400MHz dual-thread META HTP 32-bit RISC + DSP processor supporting Linux, and two highly-optimised ENSIGMA UCCP multi-standard receiver and connectivity processors to offer superb Linux, audio and baseband processing performance.
The XENIF SoC integrates a rich set of peripherals designed to reduce the overall system cost, bill of materials (BoM) and development effort for customers, while delivering extraordinary performance and stability. These peripherals include an integrated display processor with 2D acceleration, SD card interface, USB2.0 OTG, I2C, I2S, SPI, UART, Audio line in and out as well as integrated headphone amplifiers.
Highlight features of the XENIF device include:
- Dual ENSIGMA UCCP fully programmable multi-standard baseband communications processors supporting simultaneous Wi-Fi connectivity and radio, TV or mobile TV demodulation.
- Support for a wide range of standards including 802.11a/b/g, DAB+/DAB/T-DMB, and FM with RDS.
- Dedicated 2D graphics accelerator and display controller to support colour WVGA panel.
- 400MHz dual-threaded META HTP 32-bit application processor running Linux, as well as extensive audio and other DSP-heavy tasks.
- Support for most common digital audio codecs including AAC+, AAC, MP3, WMA.
- High quality audio output – better than 96dB using integrated Class D amp.
- Power-optimised architecture – multiple clock and power domains.
- Integrated SD card, USB2.0 OTG, I2C, I2S, SPI support reduces system bill of materials.
write your comments about the article :: © 2010 Computing News :: home page