3CX Releases Free VoIP Phone for Android: 3CXPhone
3CX has announced the release of a free SIP phone for the Android Smartphone operating system. With 3CXPhone for Android, users can make free phone calls via wireless and 3G (mobile operator permitting). Examples of Android based phones are the HTC Desire, HTC Hero, Sony Ericsson Xperia, X10 Mini and Pro, Samsung Galaxy S and the Google Nexus.
3CXPhone for Android works with standards based SIP servers – including 3CX Phone System, Asterisk and popular SIP VoIP Providers. Unlike other "free" Android SIP phones, 3CXPhone is NOT locked down to a particular provider or PBX. Users can pick and choose their favorite provider or VoIP PBX and switch at any time or use different VoIP providers simultaneously. 3CXPhone is available free of charge for commercial and non profit organizations as well as private users.
3CXPhone for Android is based on SiPagent, a SIP phone for Android that 3CX acquired in June 2010. SiPagent users are able to upgrade free of charge to 3CXPhone.
- Fully supports the industry leading SiP standard;
- G711 and GSM codec support;
- Ability to transfer calls;
- Choose between integrated or custom dial pad;
- Record phone calls;
- Force VoIP calls when available – with this feature you can automatically make free VoIP calls take priority over 3G;
- Auto provisioning – SIP PBX's or VoIP providers can automatically provision 3CXPhone for Android via multicast or HTTP.
3CXPhone for Android is available immediately from the Android market place.
write your comments about the article :: © 2010 Computing News :: home page