Dynamic Net Partners with Cloud Linux
CloudLinux has announced that Dynamic Net will integrate CloudLinux across its hosting infrastructure. Dynamic Net offers a full suite of hosting services including domain name registration, shared hosting, Virtual Private Servers (VPS), dedicated hosting, as well as managed and unmanaged dedicated servers and co-location. Selected for its new Lightweight Virtual Environment (LVE) technology, Dynamic Net will deploy CloudLinux to increase its ability to deliver stability, reliability and a higher level of customer service to its customers.
CloudLinux's core technology is Lightweight Virtual Environment a kernel-level technology that limits the amount of resources (CPU, I/O, memory) available to a group of processes. While similar to container type virtualization technology, LVE is completely transparent and lightweight. Once installed, the LVE works transparently to manage resources that the hosting provider sets for the accounts on a server. It controls the CPU resources to ensure that each account on a shared server is allocated enough resources to run efficiently without jeopardizing the other tenants on that server, making the server more stable and delivering better performance.
With LVE, CloudLinux can deliver performance, reliability and operational benefits for hosting providers including:
- Increased density and capability per server without increasing risk;
- More efficient and stable servers;
- Reduced impact of unpredictable events like load spikes that can take down or slow down a server;
- Reduced operational costs related to hardware, electricity, datacenter space and management costs;
- Better utilization of existing infrastructure.
Dynamic Net delivers fully managed services along with facility and non-facility based managed services. With such a diverse customer base, they need to provide customers with:
- Increased uptime so that no one account can slow down or take down an entire shared server;
- Better reliability and performance with a server that is running at peak operating capacity;
- Compatibility with all major control panels for easy management;
- Protection from hackers and poorly written scripts that drain resources, cause outages and impact productivity.
With LVE, hosting providers like Dynamic Net now have the tools to control the CPU and IO demands of individual tenants, so that a single site cannot slow or take down a whole server and provide customers with the easy management and solid solutions they need to stay ahead in business.
write your comments about the article :: © 2010 Computing News :: home page