Primera Announces FX1200 Digital Label Finishing System
Primera Technology has announced its new FX1200 Digital Label Finishing System. FX1200 is an off-line label production machine that accepts up to 12" (305mm) O.D. rolls of printed output from digital label presses such as Primera's CX1200 Digital Color Label Press. It "finishes" the printed output with several different operations including:
• Lamination – with clear polypropylene (PP) or polyester (PET) films for increased durability and UV resistance;
• Digital die-cutting – in any size or shape;
• Waste matrix removal – making finished rolls ready for use;
• Slitting – for making multiple narrow rolls from the wider input roll;
• Rewinding – onto multiple 3" (76mm) O.D. cores.
Utilizing Primera's patent-pending QuadraCut technology, virtually any size and shape of label can be produced including complicated contour cuts, without the need to purchase expensive rotary or flat dies. Up to four cutting blades can be installed at one time to quadruple the speed compared to competitive machines that use only a single blade.
FX1200 ships fully assembled. It includes everything needed to begin finishing labels. All operation is controlled through an integrated touch screen PC. Cutting files can easily be imported through 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet, a wireless 802.11 b/g network or USB thumb drives.
write your comments about the article :: © 2010 Computing News :: home page