2X Software Named a CRN Emerging Technology Vendor
2X Software has been selected by Everything Channel as a CRN Emerging Technology Vendor. The company was added to the list due to its product line, which includes the 2X ApplicationServer for Windows Terminal Services, 2X LoadBalancer for Terminal Services/Citrix, 2X ThinClientServer and the 2X VirtualDesktopServer. 2X products drew praise for offering easily scalable, installable and manageable solutions with straightforward licensing, resulting in product prices far below those of their competitors. CRN's Emerging Technology Vendor list captures companies that are delivering high margins for solution providers with innovative and easy-to-use technology that undercuts industry giants.
Of special interest to the panel was 2X Software's latest product, the 2X VirtualDesktopServer. The VirtualDesktopServer improves virtual desktop manageability, security and performance, helping companies experience the full benefit of desktop and application virtualization. The product is hosted on a variety of virtualization platforms, and helps to lower companies' operating costs by delivering secure, centrally managed access to virtual desktops and applications. Specific features of the VirtualDesktopServer include the following:
• Publishing of virtual desktops and applications, rather than local installation
• Use of the same client to connect to virtual desktops and terminal server applications
• Automatic suspension of inactive virtual desktops for maximum server efficiency
• Publishing of Windows applications and virtual desktops to Linux and Mac
• Publishing of applications to a terminal server farm
• Universal printing
• Supports a variety of virtualization platforms, including VMware, Sun VirtualBox, Microsoft Virtual Server, Microsoft Hyper-V, Virtual Iron and Parallels
• Integration with 2X LoadBalancer
• Windows 2008 and 64-bit ready.
2X Software's reseller program has grown significantly in recent months. 40% of 2X's 1,200 resellers have joined within the past 12 months, highlighting the growing public attraction to the 2X brand. 2X plans to continue to grow its reseller ranks through significant discounts, the 2Xpert Certification Program, cooperative marketing opportunities and Tier-2 technical support. 2X is especially focused on growing its business with channel partners, particularly SMB and enterprise-focused solution providers.
The vendors who make the CRN Emerging Technology Vendor list were founded in 2001 or later, have revenue under $1 billion and have an active U.S. channel strategy. Final selection to the Emerging Technology Vendor list was made by the CRN editorial team after a review of submitted information.
write your comments about the article :: © 2009 Computing News :: home page