Trend Micro Boosts Worry-Free Security
Building upon the "Worry-Free" promise it made five years ago to small businesses with little or no IT support, Trend Micro is introducing the latest version of Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security, now reinforced with unmatched new features that are powered by the Trend Micro Smart Protection Network. This next-generation security infrastructure provides a unique approach to blocking viruses, spyware, spam, and Web threats before they reach business networks.
The Smart Protection Network is at the core of both previous and new technologies integrated with Worry-Free Business Security. With its underpinnings of automatic Web Threat Protection, all-in-one, integrated defense against a variety of threats, and zero administration, Trend Micro Worry Free Business Security 6.0 has "smart" new features that deliver a smarter and more effective approach than conventional antivirus:
- New URL Filtering, unique to Trend Micro, helps maintain business productivity and adds another layer of protection against Web threats by proactively blocking inappropriate, risky or non-business related Web sites. Users can configure filter strength, rules, and business/leisure hours.
- New Smart Protection Network-Powered Smart Scan is a breakthrough approach that provides more effective protection than conventional antivirus. Smart Scan scans faster and updates quicker to detect and remove the increasing number of threats, while minimising the performance impact to protected computers. By leveraging Smart Protection Network file reputation technologies, Smart Scan stops threats by storing the majority of detection technologies (up to 80 percent compared with conventional scanning) on the local security server and accessed as needed. By keeping these technologies off of local PCs and servers, this approach extends the life of hardware and, over time, prevents the slow-down of computers.
- New Smart Protection Network-Powered Smart Feedback, another technology unique to Trend Micro, simply and automatically feeds back security-related issues and events to Trend Micro where it is quickly analysed, and updates are made to rapidly protect all customers. Smart feedback identifies new threats faster to protect users rapidly. Faster identification and response to new threats means faster protection.
- Enhanced Version of Worry-Free Remote Manager, Designed for Channel Partners. Just another part of Trend Micro's portfolio of channel-friendly products and solutions, this enhanced version of Worry-Free Remote Manager provides integrated installation with Worry-Free Business Security 6.0. Worry-Free Remote Manager also supports Trend Micro InterScan Messaging Hosted Security for stopping spam and other email threats before they reach the network. It allows partners to easily add customers to their console during their initial installation of Worry-Free Business Security. Trend Micro is currently the only security vendor that offers this type of critical tool free of charge to eligible channel solution partners.
Other new features in Worry-Free Business Security 6.0 include:
- New USB Device Threat Prevention automatically protects PCs and servers from infected USB devices, preventing threats from automatically executing and spreading across business networks. Threats coming from removable media devices such as USB sticks are on the rise, meaning small businesses cannot afford to ignore this potential source of infections.
- Newly Enhanced Security Dashboard reinforces Trend Micro's goal of zero-administration solutions for its small business customers. It provides easy, at-a-glance status checking. Users can sort by dashboard traffic lights to quickly understand security status, which minimises time and energy spent on analysing computers status.
write your comments about the article :: © 2009 Computing News :: home page