ACROSSER Releases Intel Q35 Networking Appliance
ACROSSER Technology announces the release of the AR-R5700 Series of Networking Security Appliances based upon the Intel Q35 Chipset. It is a system capable of utilizing the Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo and Celeron Intel embedded processors. It is the latest member of ACROSSER's Networking 1U 19" Rack Mount System family. These Networking systems are designed for applications where reliability and performance are critical for the applications.
For large enterprise and other applications requiring a large demand for data transfer, High performance Networking appliances are the best choice in this situation. The AR-R5700 series has many desirable design features. The most powerful feature is the Intel Q35 and ICH9R Chipset which can support Intel CPU's up to the Core2Quad level. This is a new generation supporting CPU FSB at 1333MHz. The wide range CPU support can give you the flexibility to choose the best one for your application. Memory capacity of up to 8GB using 4 DDR2 DIMM sockets also provides for very high level performance.
The AR-R5700 Series uses a modular design to achieve additional Networking ports using the AR-B2003 and AR-B2004. The AR-B2003 adds four Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN ports. For long distance data transfer, Fiber Gigabit Ports can provide the capabilities you need. The AR-B2004 expansion module can fulfill the requirement; it can support not only 2 more SPF Gigabit Ethernet but also 2 more RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet. These 2 modules are connected through a PCIE x 8 channel from Intel Q35 on the AR-B5700.
By pass functionality is also a critical feature for 24 hour operation networking devices. It can also be implemented in this series of models. There is one pair of by pass LAN on the basic AR-B5700 model. However, there is one more pair on the AR-B2003 and AR-B2004 expansion modules.
There are 3 models in AR-R5700 series:
- AR-R5700: Intel Q35 +ICH9R with 6 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet;
- AR-R5700L8F2: Intel Q35 +ICH9R with 8 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet and 2 SPF Gigabit Ethernet;
- AR-R5700L10: Intel Q35 +ICH9R with 10 x RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet.
AR-R5700 series features:
● Intel Q35+ICH9R chipset supports CPU from Core2Quad/Core2Duo/Celeron, front side bus up to 1333MHz.
● 4 x Memory slots in total, supports maximum up to 8GB using 64bit OS.
● 6 x RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet standard, maximum up to 10 RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet.
● Flexible Extension Gigabit Ethernet module (2 x RJ-45 + 2 x SPF Gigabit Ethernet) or 4 x RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet.
● Console re-direction by serial port (RJ-45 connector with a DB9 cable).
● By pass function controlled by H/W and Software.
● 16 x 2 characters LCD module.
write your comments about the article :: © 2009 Computing News :: home page