Mindjet Launches MindManager 8 and MindManager Web
With companies and workers facing the most challenging global economy in decades, Mindjet has launched MindManager 8 and MindManager Web, two new products that help individuals save significant amounts of time, conquer information overload, and become more effective. Additionally, Mindjet delivered powerful publishing capabilities with the release of the all-new Mindjet Player. For the first time, fully interactive mind maps can be freely shared so anyone can discover the power of mind mapping, and unlock its potential to create breakthroughs in productivity and innovation.
MindManager 8 is an application that allows you to map your ideas and information visually, starting with a central topic surrounded by subtopics arranged on lines, or "branches." The map is a visual diagram that imitates the creator's thoughts, with the interactive benefits of embedded data, live hyperlinks, collaboration capabilities, and much more. MindManager is an indispensable fifth productivity application, along with the word processor, spreadsheet, presentation, and e-mail. While integrating with and augmenting all of these applications, MindManager 8 enables you to capture, organise, and act upon limitless ideas, data and knowledge without ever leaving your mind map. Millions of successful people use MindManager to manage projects, develop plans, create presentations, and accomplish a limitless number of other tasks.
MindManager Web is an all-new, elegant way to mind map and collaborate with others online. MindManager Web is a SaaS application which transforms your outline-oriented text documents into visually compelling maps. You can edit your maps anywhere, anytime; co-edit maps with others; and pick who can access your maps within secure workspaces. Designed with the pedigree of the world's most popular mind mapping application, MindManager Web is fully compatible with MindManager desktop software, and entering new topics and subtopics is as simple as hitting the Enter or Insert key.
MindManager 8, a desktop Windows application, constitutes a milestone release of the world's most popular mind mapping program. Working together with the Mindjet Player and MindManager Web, it eliminates the old barriers that have hindered the sharing of mind maps by making it easy for people to co-create and broadcast their fully interactive mind maps. It provides a remarkably effective way for individuals to collaborate and save time in the exchange of information.
The new capabilities in MindManager 8 include:
• Mindjet Player – Transforms maps into fully interactive Adobe PDFs or Flash .SWF files. They can be shared with anyone, published to blogs and embedded in web pages.
• Embedded Browser – Maps now incorporate a browser window so you can view Web pages and PDF documents without leaving MindManager.
• Integrated Microsoft Office File Editing – You can view and edit attached Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint files from within MindManager's embedded browser, eliminating the need to leave the map and launch a separate application.
• Integrated Web Services – Google and Yahoo! searches can be initiated directly inside a map, with mapped and editable search results that can be refreshed with one click, or automatically updated each time you open your map. MindManager 8 can also search Amazon, Facebook, MySpace, Microsoft Live Search, eBay, and StrikeIron.
• Searchable Maps – Maps created with MindManager are fully searchable by many popular desktop search applications. This includes the contents of maps, and also all of the attached documents.
• Automated Task Management – No more hours wasted updating due dates and dependencies when a task varies from its original schedule. Automated task management provides instant summations of task start dates, end dates, level of completion, and exception management.
• Database Linker – Real time information from spreadsheets and databases can be incorporated right into your map. MindManager can now access data from MS Excel, Oracle, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server, MS Access, and MySQL.
English and German versions of MindManager 8 are available immediately. French and Japanese versions will be available in early 2009. MindManager Web is immediately available in English, German, French and Japanese.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Computing News :: home page