Dassault Systèmes Unveils PLM 2.0 on V6 Platform
Dassault Systèmes (DS) has announced PLM 2.0 and its new V6 platform. PLM 2.0 – PLM online for all, is a 3D online environment for everybody to experience products virtually where all user interactions generate Intellectual Property. V6 is DS's next generation platform for PLM 2.0.
V6 values match customers' requirements for their PLM strategies:
- Single PLM platform for IP management: V6 supports modeling applications spanning all engineering disciplines and Collaborative Business Processes (CBP) including end user experiences, through the product lifecycle.
- Global collaborative innovation: PLM's future is about expanded collaboration amongst all players, so that they can bring together Requirements, Functional, Logical and Physical (RFLP) definitions of the product.
- Online creation and collaboration: V6 is enabled for real time, concurrent work, across multiple locations via a simple Web connection. This is critical for companies implementing global engineering and manufacturing strategies.
- Lifelike experience: V6's interface is intuitive - any user can easily find and search information, communicate, collaborate and experience products in 3D online – mimicking what would happen in the real world.
- Ready-to-use PLM business processes: V6 unifies engineering and enterprise processes including program and compliance management and sourcing. V6 Industry Accelerators provide industry-specific PLM best practices and capabilities, to speed deployment and cut time to ROI.
- Lower cost of ownership: Quick ramp up time via a single server and database for all applications dramatically reduces cost of ownership and spurs efficient collaboration. SOA standards compliance allows easy integration with existing systems and modeling of business processes with no programming skills, supporting an adaptable business model.
DS's V6 PLM solutions (CATIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, ENOVIA) are scheduled for general availability in May 2008. As for previous major versions, DS will expand the value of customers' existing PLM assets and continue to develop V5 releases, enabling transition to V6. As part of this effort, ENOVIA MatrixOne 10.8, announced today, is V6 enabled. By upgrading to 10.8, ENOVIA MatrixOne customers will be V6 ready.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Computing News :: home page