NEC Intros 30" MultiSync LCD3090WQXi Wide-screen Display
NEC Display Solutions of America has announced the 30-inch MultiSync LCD3090WQXi wide-screen display, which delivers innovative display performance for users in the graphic design, photography, print production, and CAD/CAM industries.
An extension of the MultiSync 90-Series, this 30-inch display is a 4-megapixel (2560 x 1600), wide-gamut, wide-screen LCD designed for professionals who require premium color performance. The LCD3090WQXi features ColorComp, which reduces LCD uniformity errors, and compensates for differences in color/grayscale and luminance, and advanced backlight technology, which enables the display to produce 102 percent of the NTSC color scale for unsurpassed color gradation.
The LCD3090WQXi also includes a 12-bit, internal look-up table (LUT), 2560 x 1600 resolution, and HDCP (High Bandwidth Digital Content Protection), which is supported through the DVI-D connector that allows for use with HDCP-equipped devices and encrypted content.
The LCD3090WQXi incorporates in-plane switching (IPS) module technology, which is widely accepted by industry professionals as being the highest performing LCD technology available on the market, delivering unparalleled color reproduction and brightness uniformity by minimizing off-angle color shift, and clearer black tones in dark-colored images.
A partial list of features in the MultiSync LCD3090WQXi follows:
- 102 percent color gamut vs. NTSC, and 97.8 percent coverage of the Adobe RGB color space;
- ColorComp – Digitally compensates individual pixels for slight variations in the white and color uniformity levels of the display, resulting in greater image accuracy;
- X-Light Pro – Backlight/sensor design, which allows brightness and color settings to be held constant over the useful life of the display;
- 12-bit internal LUT, which allows very precise adjustments to be made to the display's Tone Response Curve without reducing the number of displayable colors as well as allowing for non-video card calibration;
- AmbiBright, which automatically adjusts the display's backlight, based on the ambient environment lighting, to achieve optimal viewing brightness and energy conservation;
- Black Level Adjustment, which creates black levels to more closely resemble those of a CRT;
- Digital CableComp, which allows extended DVI-D cables, of up to 30 meters (or 100 meter analog cables), to be utilized without any image degradation or distortion;
- Digital DVI-D with HDCP and analog DVI-I inputs with true MultiSync support for non-native resolutions;
- Multi-Directional Controls – Easily accessible horizontal and vertical control buttons for simple on-screen management in either landscape or portrait modes;
- Eco-Mode, which allows users or administrators to dim the back-light to brightness level pre-sets of 75 percent or 50 percent, which reduce power consumption and yield longer product life;
- Spectraview II Supported – Compatible with NEC's color calibration software for hardware calibration and profiling;
- Standalone calibration/matching – Sensor can be connected directly to monitor; no PC necessary for calibration;
- Designed for landscape or portrait usage without degradation of performance or life of product;
- Extended 190mm height adjustment range, which allows unprecedented ergonomic flexibility;
- OSD Lockout – All functions, including power, can be locked out at the display for greater setting security;
- Overdrive, which improves gray-to-gray response time for better gaming and full-motion video experience;
- Quick-release stand for easy mounting on third-party arms or wall mounts;
- WEEE Compliant, which ensures easier, more environmentally friendly product transitions.
The new 30-inch display is RoHS (Restriction on Hazardous Substances) compliant, containing fully disposable plastics and minimal amounts of hazardous materials such as lead, hex-chrome, cadmium, mercury, PBDE and PBB.
The LCD3090WQXi is available for February 2008 shipment.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Computing News :: home page