Fujifilm Unveils the FinePix Z100fd
FUJIFILM U.S.A. has announced the launch of the latest in its ultra-compact, trendsetting Z-series – the FinePix Z100fd. Continuing on from where the popular FinePix Z5fd left off, the FinePix Z100fd comes in four stunning color combinations and is sure to be a hit with those who care as much about their own image as they do about the images they shoot. Despite being only 19.8mm thick, the 8-MegaPixel FinePix Z100fd is packed with state-of-the-art technologies and features. These include a mid-range Fujinon 5x optical zoom lens, the equivalent of a 36mm-180mm camera, a high-resolution 2.7", 230k pixel LCD with a reinforced glass coating for scratch-free durability and sensitivity settings of up to ISO 1600 that allow natural images that retain the atmosphere of evening events taken without the use of a flash. The FinePix Z100fd is also the first Z-series model to feature Fujifilm's Dual Image Stabilization, which marries a mechanically stabilized CCD with high ISO sensitivities for total anti-blur protection.
The FinePix Z100fd features Fujifilm's innovative Face Detection Technology, a one-touch selectable mode that identifies up to 10 human faces in a scene. Face Detection Technology sets the correct focus for a chosen primary face and exposure for all detected faces automatically, regardless of where subjects are located within the frame. It can cope with back-lit scenes and it also comes in handy for capturing the perfect self portrait.
The FinePix Z100fd also includes a new Automatic Red Eye Removal feature that works in conjunction with Face Detection. Red eye is a common complaint given by 60% of digital camera users. The FinePix Z100fd instantly checks each detected face for red eye, and if it's found, corrects it automatically, saving the time consuming process of fixing it in your PC after the image is downloaded.
Designed for the most style-conscious user, the FinePix Z100fd sports a totally redesigned metal body that is guaranteed to turn heads wherever you take it. From its unique 'diagonal slide' lens cover and illuminated 'Z' logo, to its eye-catching color combinations, the FinePix Z100fd sets a new standard in sophistication. Available in four two-toned color schemes, 'Shell Pink', 'Satin Silver', 'Cappuccino Brown' and 'Tuxedo Black' (a striking black special edition with a contrasting white sliding cover panel), the FinePix Z100fd is sure to stand out in a crowd.
Other noteworthy features found on the FinePix Z100fd include:
- Blog Mode: The Blog Mode automatically resizes any image captured to a properly sized 640x480 (QVGA) or 320 x 240 image size, right in the camera, saving time from downloading it and adjusting it on a PC.
- Photo Folder Management: This useful new feature organizes photos right in the camera, with 6 pre-set file folders that can be easily downloaded to the computer for convenient image management. Pre-set folders include: Travel, Family, Favorites, My Pictures, Events, and a password-protected Private folder.
- i-Flash Intelligent Flash: i-Flash detects subtle lighting differences within a scene, and then varies the flash intensity accordingly. It also leverages the high sensitivity of the FinePix Z100fd to enable the camera to use less flash, preventing that "blasted with light" effect that so many digital camera flashes leave you with. The result is pleasing, natural tones with no flash "wash-out".
- Dual Shot Mode: In this mode the FinePix Z100fd quickly shoots two images in succession - one with and one without the flash - saving both. This convenient function lets the user perform an on-the-spot picture comparison and decide whether the FinePix Z100fd produced the most pleasing photo with flash, or without.
- Special Scene Modes: The FinePix Z100fd has 16 scene positions including 'Fireworks', 'Beach', 'Party', and 'Under Water' offering a one-touch setting for almost any situation.
- Auction Mode: The new Auction mode makes it easy to create merged image formats suitable for online auction site use.
- Movie Mode: Capture VGA quality movie clips at 30 frames per second with sound. Great for when you're out and you don't have your video camera on-hand.
- Rotary Dial Menu: The Rotary Dial provides easy control and selection of the convenient functions, and let's the operator swiftly scroll and select anything from scene positions to thumbnails.
- Micro Thumbnail: A playback feature that allows for viewing an index print-style image on the LCD. The FinePix Z100fd will show up to 100 images in micro form. Control buttons are used to move over specific images and select them. This makes it easy to quickly find a single image by being able to jump to particular segments of images in the time sequence.
- IrSimple : Infrared communication via IrSimple technology for fast, easy wireless image transfer to a compatible device.
- xD / SD / SDHC Compatible slot: A single media slot that accepts both xD Picture Card and SD/SDHC media cards.
The FinePix Z100fd will debut in January 2008.
write your comments about the article :: © 2008 Computing News :: home page