Magellan Unveils the RoadMate 1200
Magellan unveils its Magellan RoadMate 1200 at the 2007 Specialty Equipment Manufacturer Association event in Las Vegas. The Magellan RoadMate 1200 features an ultra-slim, pocket-sized form factor that offers "turn it on and go" auto navigation functionality. The new Magellan RoadMate 1200 is designed for easy portability and features a brand new sleek pocket-sized form factor, a full-size 3.5" bright, anti-glare touch screen and a simple, intuitive user interface designed for fast input with a minimal amount of keystrokes. It also features a clutter-free menu and map screens that incorporate stylish icons and graphics that are clear and crisp to the user.
In North America, the Magellan RoadMate 1200 comes preloaded with the latest NavTeq maps, which cover the 48 contiguous United States, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. It also features 1.3 million points of interest data, such as gas/petrol stations, ATMs, hotels, restaurants, airports and more, with contact details such as phone number, address and the travel distance.
All new Magellan RoadMate 1200 models feature:
- New 3.5" QVGA full-color, anti-glare touch-screen display;
- Acclaimed easy to use, intuitive user interface;
- Fast and precise SiRF GPS chipset delivering superior GPS performance and navigation;
- 2D and 3D Mapviews with auto day / night mode switching;
- Trip computer and Trip planner;
- QuickSpell intelligently searches and checks spelling when entering addresses;
- SmartDetour prompts drivers to route around heavy or stationary traffic;
- SD card slot for maps;
- USB port for PC connection, power.
The Magellan RoadMate 1200 ships with a windshield mount and cradle, a 12V car power cigarette lighter adapter, an adhesive disk for alternative on dash mounting and a quick reference and user manual.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page