Panda Launches GateDefender Performa 3.0
Panda Security has launched Panda GateDefender Performa 3.0, the new version of its content security appliance for companies of all sizes. The major new feature in this solution is the option to set user profiles, enabling administrators to configure security according to the needs of specific workers or departments.
Panda GateDefender Performa 3.0 is designed for installation in any network, with no need for configuring or redirecting network traffic. It offers complete corporate protection, blocking malware, spam and malicious or inappropriate content before it enters the network. It does this through scanning of the most common protocols (HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP4 and NNTP). It can also prevent the use of high-risk applications such as instant messaging and peer-to-peer programs.
Additionally, Panda GateDefender Performa 3.0 ensures that all relevant information will be received, through an innovative system using three separate quarantines:
• Quarantine for suspect or non-disinfectable malware.
• Quarantine for spam or probable spam.
• Quarantine for content blocked by the corporate security policy.
There is also the option of a direct connection with PandaLabs to detect new malware, create vaccines automatically and for items to be recovered or disinfected automatically and forwarded to the recipient without intervention from administrators.
Panda GateDefender Performa provides information to administrators about the status of protection and network activity (items blocked, network viruses, users most frequently targeted etc.). This information is provided in real-time in the form of graphs, offering considerable time saving for administrators.
This new appliance from Panda offers five different types of protection:
- Anti-malware protection: Detects and blocks all types of Internet-borne malicious code before it reaches the corporate network. Files containing unknown or non-disinfectable malware can be stored in a special quarantine and eliminated later.
- Content filtering: Allows administrators to establish a corporate security policy to filter out potentially dangerous content, and prevent confidential or personal data from leaving the company.
- Anti-spam protection: Verifies all inbound and outbound mail. Every message is classified as Spam, Probable spam or Not spam. The sensitivity of the anti-spam filter can also be adapted to each network user. Eliminating junk mail in the network perimeter improves network performance and boosts user productivity.
- Web filtering: Administrators define the categories of inappropriate Web content. They can also establish white lists and blacklists of restricted or permitted pages. This optimizes resource usage and improves user productivity. It also shuts down access to offensive, violent or any other inappropriate content.
- Blocking of P2P and IM applications: Peer-to-peer applications eat up corporate bandwidth and represent an important security hole as files are often divided in small packets and cannot be scanned. Instant messaging also affects productivity as it is frequently used for personal ends by workers. Panda GateDefender Performa can block these kinds of applications from within the corporate network.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page