Spectra Logic Expands Its T-Series Tape Library Line
Spectra Logic introduces an expansion to its T-Series tape library line. Spectra preserves data storage investments in its new midrange Spectra T200, T380 and T680 tape libraries by offering a seamless growth path from 1 to 24 tape drives, 50 to 680 slots of tape media, and up to 136TB of disk storage in a single rack mount unit. Spectra's TranScale architecture scales mid-range libraries seamlessly in the backup environment. All components of the T200, the T380 and the T680 that interface with the backup environment are inter-changeable. As data grows, customers continue to use their original tape drives, power supplies, robotics, TeraPacks, media and control modules in the expanded library frame. Host reconfiguration is eliminated because all configuration, worldwide name, and serial number information are precisely preserved. This new method of scaling mid-range libraries takes less time and is less disruptive than traditional rack-mountable library expansions that have historically required complex, time-consuming modifications of a chassis and alignment in the field. Now, customers can have the confidence to complete an upgrade and return to backing up in half a day or less — guaranteed.
The new T-Series libraries offer Spectra Logic's signature high density and small footprint, which mitigate IT concerns such as limited rack space and power consumption. Spectra's integrated, native BlueScale Encryption and Key Management also ensures the high level of data security that users increasingly demand. As many customers desire to integrate disk into the backup environment, the new T-Series libraries incorporate Spectra's field proven RXT technology — offering the speed of disk, mobility of tape and protection of RAID.
Each new member of the T-series family of libraries comes available with Fibre Channel, SCSI or iSCSI interface options, and can be configured with LTO, SAIT, SDLT and/or integrated Spectra RXT portable disk.
The new mid-range T200, T380 and T680 offer user benefits:
- Increase capacity from 50 to 680 tape slots in increments of 10;
- The highest storage density in the industry with up to 680 tape cartridges, up to 68 RXT disk packs, and up to 24 half-height LTO tape drives in a single NEMA format rack;
- TranScale to larger capacity systems with minimal downtime;
- Simple-to-use BlueScale universal management interface;
- Spectra BlueScale Encryption and Key Management tools;
- Spectra BlueScale EnergyAudit power consumption reporting tool;
- TeraPack-based media handling for greater operator efficiency;
- Shared Library Services Virtualization for shared connectivity to multiple hosts and applications;
- Option to configure an integrated VTL with RXT mobile disk for Disk to Disk to Tape backup and archive;
- Worldwide on-site support;
- Assisted Self Maintenance (ASM) option to stock spare parts onsite for fast self-replacement;
- Compatibility with nearly all backup and archive applications ranging from Symantec BackupExec to Masstech Technology's Masstor.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page