MessageLabs Launches v3.0 of Its Archiving Service
MessageLabs announces the launch of v3.0 of its Archiving service. MessageLabs is the first managed service provider to offer email archiving suited to all three major archiving needs: email storage management, legal discovery and regulatory compliance.
Offered as a managed service, MessageLabs Archiving Service safely archives all internal and external email communications while ensuring complete privacy and total data security. The service also provides rapid, on-demand access to email after it has been archived. Customers with legal discovery and compliance needs can continue to rely on MessageLabs for these robust archiving needs while new functionality will reduce storage requirements and lessen the amount of time users spend managing their mailbox size.
Confirming the demand for archiving services over the last 12 months, MessageLabs Archiving Service has increased its customer base by 126 percent and more than 50 percent of those customers now deploy five or more of MessageLabs managed security services, including Anti-Spam, Anti-Virus, Image Control, Content Control and Web Security Services, emphasizing the convenience of having all messaging and security services integrated with one vendor.
New and enhanced key features of the MessageLabs Archiving Service v3.0 include:
• Attachment stubbing, an automated process that replaces attachments in users' mailboxes with references to the archive thereby reducing the amount of storage required in Exchange by leveraging the data already stored in the Secure Archive. Users benefit from unlimited mailboxes and no longer need to spend time managing inbox size. By 2010, 50 percent of archiving implementations will use the archive created for compliance and/or discovery to improve e-mail management through message stubbing, according to Gartner.
• Microsoft 2007 Support, supports end user search within Outlook 2000, 2003 and 2007 as well as the new Office 2007 document format and Exchange 2007 envelope journaling.
MessageLabs Archiving Service combines five key components:
- Archiving Policy Engine – provides templates for creating acceptable use, retention and supervision policies and automatically enforces these policies as emails are processed and archived;
- Secure Archive – automatically captures and stores every internal and external email communication in a fully encrypted, tamper-proof, scalable and reliable infrastructure;
- Archive Search & Retrieval – offers advanced, real-time, customizable search features, accessible via a secure, user-friendly, web-based interface;
- Archiving Supervision – enables complete visibility into corporate policy compliance;
- Archiving Reports – accurately analyzes email patterns and behavior within an organization, available anytime via a secure, user-friendly, web-based interface.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page