Palm and Vodafone Launch Treo 500v in Australia
Palm has announced the Palm Treo 500v smartphone on the Vodafone network in Australia. The new smartphone combines multiple forms of communication and multimedia capabilities with high-speed 3G mobile Internet access. The new Treo 500v smartphone will be available in Australia exclusively through Vodafone for several months.
The Treo 500v smartphone runs on the Windows Mobile 6 Standard platform and has a full keyboard, large screen, audio- and video-streaming capabilities, comprehensive multimessaging functionality (Instant Messaging, SMS and email), phone and personal-information-management software in a new design.
With the Treo 500v smartphone, customers also can view documents using mobile versions of familiar Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. In addition, users can use the Treo 500v as a modem for a laptop, so that they can stay connected anywhere within wireless coverage.
Treo 500v features:
- All-in-one smartphone with messaging, email and web capabilities;
- Full QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typing;
- Access to Hotmail/MSN, Yahoo! and Gmail email;
- Large, high-resolution screen;
- Internet Explorer Mobile full-featured browser;
- Vodafone live! for news, sports, and entertainment on the go;
- 3G network capability;
- Planner with address book, calendar, to-do lists, and more;
- Ability to view and edit Microsoft Word and Excel files, and view PowerPoint and Adobe PDF files;
- Windows Media Player Mobile for music and videos;
- 2-megapixel camera for capturing photos and video;
- 150MB of user-available memory, expandable with microSD expansion card (sold separately);
- Windows Mobile 6 Standard software;
- Microsoft Direct Push technology for delivery of Outlook email;
- Bluetooth wireless technology.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page