Hitachi Introduces Consumer Levels of Simplicity to Data Storage
Hitachi introduces a data storage system so simple and so intuitive to install, use and manage that anyone — with no technical training whatsoever — could master and benefit from its vast capabilities. Specifically, Hitachi introduces the Hitachi Simple Modular Storage Model 100, an entry-level storage system that serves the needs of a broad set of customers. The system is designed to fulfill the requirements of small and medium-sized businesses with burgeoning data growth and data protection requirements and enterprises with distributed branch offices looking for simple-to-manage, "service-less" storage offerings that are easy to integrate with the Microsoft Windows platform.
The Hitachi Simple Modular Storage system draws upon Hitachi's decades of experience in both consumer electronics and data storage by converging all of this expertise into a singular product vision:
- Removes the key elements of storage system complexity, and replaces them with intuitive, nearly instinctual controls, enabling SMBs and distributed enterprises to recapture the countless hours in their day previously spent trying to master technical manuals and deal with countless wires, plugs, and clumsy interfaces;
- Includes a highly intuitive wizard-based GUI setup and auto-configuration software that enables you to unpack the system and have it fully operational in minutes;
- Plugs into any home or office using the same standard power outlet as award-winning Hitachi consumer electronics products;
- Scales from under 1 terabyte to nearly 9 terabytes of capacity with no on-site IT support required;
- Provides non-stop data availability via a unique "plug-and-play" disk slot. In the rare event of a disk failure, Hitachi ships you a free drive following automatic online notification from the Simple Modular Storage management console. When the new drive arrives, you simply plug it into the "plug-and-play" disk slot — with no need to remove or return any existing drives and no disruption to your data storage needs. This user-friendly feature ensures that there is absolutely no chance of accidentally removing the wrong disk drive, providing secure data protection for your important digital assets;
- Allows you to easily upgrade to a new Hitachi Simple Modular Storage system when you require even more capacity. If you purchase a model with 1 terabyte and now require 5 terabytes, upon ordering a new Simple Modular Storage system, the patent-pending Hitachi Auto-Migration feature quickly and easily copies all of your existing data and licenses to the new system — a service not available on any other storage products of this scale;
- Eliminates backup headaches by creating instantaneous snap or full copies of all your data and offers disaster recovery with optional remote replication, all from a simple icon-based management cockpit;
- If your Local Area Network is ever down, you can continue to work using the Hitachi Simple Modular Storage system as all changes since the last replication interval are automatically saved to disk. When your LAN is back up, it synchronizes your Simple Modular Storage system using Hitachi's proven SimpleDR asynchronous remote copy software;
- Delivers eco-friendly, power-efficient storage and is fully compliant with RoHS regulations, which limit the use of hazardous materials in electronic equipment.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page