Arkeia Announces EdgeFort 300 Series General Availability
Arkeia Software has announced the general availability of the EdgeFort 300 Series, an all-in-one, appliance-based, federated data protection solution.
The EdgeFort 300 Series provides reliable data protection for large organizations with remote offices. The EdgeFort 300 Series is completely integrated with Arkeia's network backup software and a complete backup hardware system, including disk and an integrated tape drive. Arkeia's new federated data management architecture allows remote and centralized data protection, making it possible for remote offices and branch offices to backup, restore and archive critical data, with no local IT resource needed.
EdgeFort 300 Series features include:
- Arkeia Network Backup – the network backup software used by more than 5,000 enterprises worldwide;
- Bundled client software for networked servers – removing expensive and time consuming management of licenses for protected servers;
- Remote management software – to enable the management of multiple remote EdgeFort appliances through an all new Web interface;
- Fully licensed Disk-to-Disk-to-Tape software with integrated 1TB VTL (expandable to 2TB) – to allow for rapid disk backup and recovery and seamless migration to tape for archive;
- Integrated and fully licensed encryption software – to ensure data is protected from creation through archive;
- Integrated RAID 1 disk – for reliable near-line data storage and rapid recovery;
- Integrated optional LTO tape drive and SCSI connection – to enable off site data archive.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page