Sony Ericsson Shakes Up Music with W580i Walkman Phone
The complete mobile music experience has arrived in the U.S. with wide availability including AT&T stores, regional operators and national retailers in the form of the new Sony Ericsson W580i Walkman phone. As a stylish mobile phone in a slim-slider design and created with music lovers in mind, the W580i is packed with the advanced Walkman 2.0 media player, hidden 2.0 mega pixel camera, mood lighting and exciting new multimedia and fitness features. Starting in October, the W580i will be available nationwide at AT&T stores. It can also be purchased now through AT&T's Website and at participating retail channels including Best Buy, RadioShack and Amazon.com with AT&T wireless service. In addition, the W580i is offered at other regional mobile operators throughout the country and other online outlets such as SonyStyle.com. To match anyone's own style, the W580i comes in an array of cool colors such as Style White, Urban Grey and Boulevard Black.
Appealing to the hearts of music lovers is Shake Control, a new feature exclusive to the W580i. Consumers can navigate the W580i's simple Walkman menu to select and play tracks, or use Shake Control which provides the power to skip through songs with a quick flick of the wrist, jumping to a random song in shuffle mode or the next song in an existing play list. With a strong focus on fitness, the phone also comes equipped with a pedometer, stopwatch and calorie counter to help the health conscious stay on track.
Sony Ericsson has loaded many innovative features into the W580i, but as with its other Walkman phones, it doesn't compromise call quality to accommodate the extras.
- Slim, slider design (approximately 0.5 inch thick) and lightweight (approximately 3.3 oz.);
- Designed for music experience with dedicated Walkman player, volume and skip track keys for easy track control and Walkman 2.0 media player for managing and organizing music;
- Multiple formats, including WMA, MP3, AAC, AAC+, e-AAC+;
- Memory Stick Micro (M2) support (up to 4GB);
- Bluetooth stereo (A2DP) support so you can enjoy your tunes wirelessly;
- Integrated FM radio with search function and RDS;
- Disc2Phone software to easily transfer songs from you PC to the W580i (not offered by all operators or retailers and downloadable by visiting Sony Ericsson's web site);
- Music recognition applications such as Sony Ericsson's TrackID or AT&T's Music ID recognition application;
- Up to 20 hours of music playback and up to 9 hours of talk time;
- 2.0 megapixel camera;
- Mood lighting to indicate incoming calls and other activities;
- Pedometer functionality with calorie counter application, and step counter;
- Push e-mail support to keep in touch on the go;
- 3D Java Gaming capability;
- Large 2.0" TFT screen;
- Quad-band Edge (850/900/1800/1900) phone for global roaming.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page