G-Technology Ships G-SPEED eS
G-Technology announces that the company is now delivering its new G-SPEED eS storage solutions specifically designed for professional content creation applications. G-SPEED eS features a high-speed 3 Gb/s eSATA interface and provides RAID 5 data protection when used in conjunction with the optional G-Tech PCIe RAID controller. G-SPEED eS supports multi-stream video workflows on Mac's and PC's. G-SPEED eS features:
- High-speed 3Gb/s eSATA interface;
- Configurable as RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 or JBOD (with optional PCIe RAID controller);
- four 7200 RPM Hitachi SATA II drives each with up to 32 MB/cache;
- Web-based GUI for simple configuration and management;
- Compact aluminum enclosure with removable disk drive modules and fan;
- Optional 4-port PCIe x4 RAID controller enables up to four G-SPEED eS units to be attached to a single workstation for storage capacities up to 16 TB;
- Mac OS X & Windows XP compatible.
G-SPEED eS video playback performance (using optional G-Tech RAID controller):
- A single G-SPEED eS unit supports: Multi-stream DV, HDV, DVCPRO HD, REDCODE, ProRes 422 & uncompressed SD playback in RAID 0 or RAID 5 mode; Single-stream 8-bit, 1080/60i HD playback in RAID 0 mode;
- Two G-SPEED eS units support: Multi-stream playback of all the above video formats plus 10-bit, 1080i/60 HD in RAID 0 or protected RAID 5 mode.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page