Augmentix Unveils Its New XTG630 Fully-Rugged Notebook
Augmentix has announced its new Augmentix XTG 630 fully-rugged notebook. Offering the latest Intel and new DirectVue LCD technologies, the XTG provides military, industrial, government and commercial customers with a military-standard, mission-critical mobile computing system based on the Dell Latitude mobile platform. Incorporating Intel's newest mobile processors, the new XTG comes equipped with the industry's first 14.1" wide-aspect DirectVue LCD screen, multi-level security features and next-generation wireless performance. Independently tested to operate in extreme conditions, patent-pending design features include Augmentix's Armored Protection System and QuadCool thermal management system.
Key Product features of the XTG630 include:
- Augmentix Armored Protection System (APS): A proven ruggedization system that includes a dense magnesium exoskeleton, over-mold protection system, and patent-pending QuadCool thermal management system.
- Common Dell Platform: The XTG630 features Dell's Latitude D630 and ATG630 software image (bios, OS, drivers, utilities). Customers already using Dell platforms now have a fully-compatible, fully-rugged system from Augmentix which provides a single support model, reducing complexity and maintenance costs for IT managers.
- Latest Intel mobile processors and chipset: Intel Core 2 Duo architecture – Dual Core technology with up to 2.4GHz processor speeds, 800MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache and Intel's GMA X3100 graphics all drive superior performance demanded by mission-critical applications.
- Fully-rugged notebook industry's first 14.1" wide-aspect DirectVue LCD screen: DirectVue display technology dramatically improves viewability in direct sunlight conditions. It reduces reflectivity and enhances contrast ratio, while retaining superior processor and battery performance.
- Superior integrated wireless performance with exceptional battery life: Dell Hyperconnect Wireless Technology supports next-generation Mobile Broadband (EDVO Rev A and HSDPA 3.6) integrated WiFi802.11 ag and n-level, Bluetooth Class 2 and GPS connectivity.
- Maximized security to protect the system, secure data and prevent unauthorized access: SmartSecurity Suite with Multi-Factor Authentication including integrated smart card reader, biometrics fingerprint reader and multi-level password. Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 secure microcontroller provides added cryptographic functionality and Wave Embassy Trust Suite by Wave Systems provides robust security software.
- World-class quality, reliability and support: Complementing a highly-leveraged quality program, Augmentix Global Customer Care Program for the XTG630 includes 24 x7 technical support and depot or onsite repair options, as well as a suite of professional services.
The Augmentix XTG630 is available in two color schemes; Desert Tan or Black and Charcoal for immediate delivery from Augmentix or an authorized business partner. Augmentix also offers a Custom ID program that allows volume account customers to select their own colors and product logos based on minimum order quantities.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page