Hitachi Offers the World's First Blu-Ray Camcorders
Hitachi introduces two versions of the world's first Blu-ray disc camcorder - the DZ-BD70A and DZ-BD7HA. The new DZ-BD70A is a single drive camcorder that can record approximately one hour of FullHD 1920x1080 high definition video on an 8cm single-sided Blu-ray disc (BD-R and BD-RE). Lifelike image reproduction and rich, immersive color are a result of Hitachi's 5.3 mega pixel CMOS image sensor and HD quality 12-element lens system. Not only can the DZ-BD70A record high definition video to Blu-ray discs, it also comes with an SD card slot for storing digital still photos at 4.32 mega pixel max resolution. A unique Hitachi feature called Photo Capture allows users to search though recordings on a Blu-ray disc, grab any still frame of video and save it as a photo to the SD card slot in 2.1 mega pixel resolution. For even more recording flexibility, the DZ-BD70A also allows video to be recorded in standard definition quality to DVD discs (DVD-R/-RW/-RAM).
Adding to the excitement for consumers will be the flagship DZ-BD7HA camcorder, a Hybrid model. This means it provides the Blu-ray disc recording capability along with a 30 gigabyte built-in Hard Disk Drive that can record approximately four hours of 1920x1080 high definition video (HX mode) or up to eight hours of 1440x1080 high definition video (HS mode). Also, with the simple push of a button, it can copy the contents from HDD to BD within the camcorder itself, a major convenience feature for on-the-go consumers who can now bypass external devices altogether to quickly dub a highlight reel. Easy editing functions such as split, delete and connect can also be made right in the camcorder before using the 1-touch dubbing function to burn Blu-ray disc copies.
Beyond the ability to transfer high definition video from the HDD to Blu-ray discs, there is also a new Transcoding feature that allows users to select high definition video stored on the HDD to be transferred to standard definition DVD copies using the 1-touch dubbing feature. This provides users with the choice and flexibility to burn either high definition (Blu-ray) copies or standard definition (DVD) copies, so it is fast and simple – everything is done within the camcorder itself - to share home movie memories with friends and family members who may not yet own a Blu-ray playback device.
Building upon its legacy of technology breakthroughs, Hitachi offers the following state-of-the-art features in its new BD camcorders:
- 8cm BD/DVD Drive – Hitachi developed a compact, low-power consuming, quiet and highly reliable 8cm BD/DVD drive which is compatible with five types of industry standard discs: BD-RE/-R, DVD-RAM/-RW/-R. The drive has two optical pick-ups for BD and DVD and a flat pick-up with compact aberration correction function for BD.
- 30 Gigabytes of HDD Capacity Rivals That of Notebook Computers – With its high capacity 30GB HDD, the Hybrid BD camcorder can record up to four hours of 1920x1080 video or eight hours of 1440x1080 video.
- High Definition, Distortion-less Lens – The camcorders features a 10x zoom, non-spherical lens that helps keep the form factor especially compact. The lens is multi-coated to prevent reflection, flare or ghost images, and it has gradation ND (neutral density) filter to prevent degrading of resolution caused by the aperture of the iris.
- CMOS Image Sensor – The Hitachi camcorders feature a 5.3 mega pixel CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) image sensor capable of capturing the true nature of an object by reading the pixel area at a very rapid speed. This is essential for HD video imaging. Approximately 4.32 mega pixel still photos can be recorded on a SD memory card.
- Simple and Innovative Designs – The new BD camcorders are also distinguished from conventional camcorders by a smooth-flowing, elegant and innovative design. The large-aperture lens expresses the camcorders' high quality. The sleek, round body is a unique Hitachi motif that is particularly eye catching, especially for consumers with an appreciation of artful aesthetics. A portion of the camcorder is UV coated to protect the body from scratches and to maintain its luster. The operation buttons provide intuitive, easy use. HDMI and component video output is provided for direct-from-camcorder video playback.
- Interactive User Guide – Both cameras come with an Interactive Guide built-in so that even people who have never used a camcorder can quickly begin using and enjoying the device.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page