Volantis Announces Mobile Content Storefront 2.5 Solution
Volantis announces the new release of its Mobile Content Storefront solution for wireless carriers and global brands. Storefront enables wireless carriers and content providers to merchandise a wide range of mobile content, optimised for more than 4,200 2G, 2.5G and 3G mobile devices covering GSM, GPRS, UMTS/WCDMA and CDMA2000 wireless standards. Storefront 2.5 will begin shipping to customers in July.
The new Storefront release introduces personalized consumer content to enhance the value of data services to help drive data revenues. Storefront is available as either a Volantis managed service or as a licensed solution to maximize return on investment, with seamless migration between these two deployment models.
Storefront includes a number of new features:
- Pull Messaging: In addition to the existing push messaging capability, customers can now utilise pull messaging . This allows subscribers to issue requests for content via SMS using keywords e.g. 'ManU On' or 'Breaking News'. Includes tracking of keyword effectiveness.
- Content Bundling: Further promotion types have been introduced to the Storefront promotions engine. This enables shopping cart-styled functionality, the bundling of content asset types and loyalty based promotions or more dynamic support of mobile marketing campaigns.
- Bookmarking: Storefront customers can now offer their subscribers on site bookmarking. This allows for default bookmarks and self-care bookmarking for subscribers, enabling faster access to preferred information.
- Menu Management: Improved menu management and interface, including filters and interstitials, enabling more efficient management of different content classes.
- OMA Combined Delivery DRM: Content consumption can now be controlled using Combined Delivery DRM, enabling the introduction of usage-based pricing. In addition to the prohibiting of content forwarding, a rights object can be set to restrict the display, playing, execution and printing of content to further protect.
- Further Customer Care Tools: Enhancements to Storefront's Customer Care interface, that now offers a refund or re-credit to subscribers and the resending of content or re-presenting for download. This builds on the existing online subscriber reports that can be constructed by the customer support team.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page