Firewall Pro Ranks #1 in Matousec Leaktest of Top 11 Firewalls
Comodo announces that its Firewall Pro topped the list in Matousec's May 24, 2007 leaktest of 11 leading firewalls, and was one of only two to receive an "excellent" rating. Of a possible total score of 9,625 based on 77 various leak scenarios, Comodo scored 9,475, making it the highest scoring firewall available on the market today.
Symantec, widely known for its Norton suite of products, did not perform as well. Norton Internet Security 2007 scored only 3,100 of the 9,475 possible points, earning it a rating of "very poor". Previously, Norton's standalone Personal Firewall 2006, when independently tested, scored 4,600, thus making its latest version an even weaker solution than previous versions according to the Matousec leaktest. McAfee's Internet Security Suite 2006 placed even lower in the leaktest than Norton, scoring only 2,325, also earning a spot in the "very poor" category.
Named "Online Editor's Choice" by PC Magazine, Firewall Pro:
- Secures against internal and external attacks;
- Blocks internet access to malicious Trojan programs;
- Safeguards your Personal data against theft;
- Delivers total end-point security for personal computers and networks;
- Has a completely redesigned interface including "Smart" pop-up alerts.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page