SANZ Unveils EarthWhere 4.2 for Windows
SANZ has announced the release of EarthWhere 4.2 for Windows, a major upgrade to the company's geospatial data provisioning software. The product has been enhanced to take advantage of a scalable and easily configurable service oriented architecture which can support a wide variety of enterprise environments. EarthWhere 4.2 sets a new standard for management and automated delivery of geospatial data — elevation models, scanned maps, and satellite and aerial photography. With 4.2, organizations accelerate their access to mission-critical imagery datasets.
Version 4.2 sets a new standard for control and workflow efficiency. Key features and enhancements include:
- EarthWhere ActiveIngest – ActiveIngest, a powerful cataloging engine that quickly and easily manages image data workflows. The application can be configured to automatically catalog metadata, image properties and geographic locations, as well as creating thumbnails for rapid viewing. Users can enable the watch folder option to monitor for newly available data sets.
- EarthWhere Pro for ArcGIS – Utilizing RasterConnect, a core component of EarthWhere Pro for ArcGIS, users gain support for direct provisioning from inside the ESRI ArcGIS environment. Familiar tools can be used to locate and provision image sources with a few clicks of the mouse. Image analysts no longer need to spend hours tracking down data sets, doing quality checks, or reformatting data.
- Service Oriented Architecture – EarthWhere's service bus architecture provides the scalability to incorporate new workflows without impacting system architecture. EarthWhere's Software Development Kit provides access to application programming interfaces which enable maximum flexibility and allowing agencies to use EarthWhere for image data management within their current system.
- Batch Provisioning – EarthWhere's graphical user interface now supports the output of large product sets into a variety of formats including the new KML 2.1 super overlay specification.
- Data Format Support – Additional support for ArcGrid Binary and the latest QuickBird RPC formats.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page