Microsoft Reports Record Profits
Microsoft has announced revenue of $14.40 billion for the quarter ended March 31, 2007, a 32% increase over the same period of the prior year. This revenue drove record profits with operating income of $6.59 billion and net income of $4.93 billion. Diluted earnings per share for the quarter grew 72% to $0.50, and included $0.02 in tax benefits and $0.01 in legal charges. These results reflect $1.67 billion of revenue and operating income, $1.14 billion of net income and $0.12 of diluted earnings per share that were previously deferred primarily related to the technology guarantee programs for Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office release.
Net cash flow from operations was $7.29 billion and Microsoft returned $7.72 billion in cash to shareholders through share buybacks and dividends this quarter.
Microsoft management offers the following guidance for the quarter ending June 30, 2007:
• Revenue is expected to be in the range of $13.1 billion to $13.4 billion.
• Operating income is expected to be in the range of $5.0 billion to $5.2 billion.
• Diluted earnings per share are expected to be $0.37 to $0.39.
Management offers the following preliminary guidance for the full fiscal year ending June 30, 2008:
• Revenue is expected to be in the range of $56.5 billion to $57.5 billion.
• Operating income is expected to be in the range of $22.0 billion to $22.5 billion.
• Diluted earnings per share are expected to be in the range of $1.68 to $1.72.
Additional details on fiscal year 2008 guidance will be provided in the fourth quarter earnings announcement and during the company's Financial Analyst Meeting on the 26th of July.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page