PlayStation 3 Gets Playstation Eye Solution
Sony has announced the arrival of the next-generation PlayStation Eye camera for PlayStation 3. Scheduled for a Summer release, PlayStation Eye is an essential accessory for voice, video chat and online gaming that will enable gamers to enjoy their PlayStation 3 communication experience. Designed specifically for PlayStation 3 and featuring huge advances in USB camera and microphone technology, PlayStation Eye is set to revolutionize the experience of both interactive gaming and online communication on the PlayStation Network. Expanding on the heritage of EyeToy USB camera for PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, the sophistication of PlayStation Eye naturally complements the advanced features and capabilities of PlayStation 3 - all in one intelligently designed, unobtrusive unit.
Designed specifically to work with the next generation of social gaming titles and new services being developed for PlayStation 3, key features of the PlayStation Eye include:
- A sophisticated microphone with the ability to reduce background noise and focus on spoken word for smoother, more accurate speech recognition;
- Engineered to perform in low-light conditions;
- Faster frame rate for improved tracking, responsiveness and smoothness;
- Two position zoom lens for close-up and full body options;
- Free EyeCreate editing software, which allows users to save, edit and add cool visual effects to photos, video and audio clips;
- EyeCreate also enables user to capture videos and audio clips directly to your PlayStation 3's hard disk drive and access a range of different capturing modes, including slow motion and time-lapse.
The free EyeCreate editing software, allows you to save photos, video and audio clips to your PlayStation 3 hard disk drive and apply eye-catching visual effects to your images. Different capture modes like time-lapse and slow motion open up a world of possibilities to be explored further in EyeCreate's editing suite, where you can turn your media into professional-looking movies.
New microphone functions
An all-new four microphone array, incorporating multidirectional voice location tracking, enhanced echo cancelling and background noise suppression allows for clear audio chat in even the most noisy of environments, without the need to hold or wear a headset.
Next-generation camera features
A frame rate of up to 120 frames per second allows for super-smooth video and sophisticated low-light operation means that the room doesn't have to be brightly lit for the camera to deliver crisp, perfectly exposed video. The adjustable zoom lens features a 56 degree field of view to capture head and shoulders action for close-in audio-visual chat, and a 75 degree field of view to capture the whole body for a fully physical gaming experience.
- 4 channel audio input:16 bits/channel, 48kHz, SNR 90db;
- 56 degree or 75 degree Field of View zoom lens;
- 2.1 F-stop,<1% distortion, fixed focus (25cm to 8 at 75 degree FOV);
- 640 x 480 at 60 frames/second;
- 320 x 240 at 120 frames/second;
- USB2 high-speed data transfer;
- Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compression.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page