SanDisk Launches SanDisk CompactFlash 5000 Cards Line
SanDisk has introduced SanDisk CompactFlash 5000, a new line of industrial grade memory cards aimed specifically at the industrial market. In addition to fast read and write speeds, the cards provide a high level of durability and reliability for industrial applications such as industrial single-board computers, telecom equipment, point-of-sale systems and other mission-critical applications. Here are the key features of SanDisk Industrial Grade CompactFlash 5000 cards:
- Durability: SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 can withstand severe weather conditions, shock, high altitude (up to 80,000 feet) and rigorous vibrations. It complies fully with MIL-STD-810F, meeting the strictest environmental requirements for mission-critical applications.
- Reliability: SanDisk patented flash management technology and extensive IP portfolio provide dynamic and static wear leveling algorithms and dynamic bad block mapping, including advanced error detection and correction code (EDC/ECC) to ensure high data reliability.
- Performance: Sustained read/write speeds are both 30 megabytes per second.
- Extended temperature range: SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 products can operate at temperatures ranging from -25 degrees C to +85 degrees C.
- Scalability: SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 products are available in 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB capacities, which are completely interchangeable without additional integration.
Engineering samples of SanDisk industrial grade CompactFlash 5000 cards are now available to OEM customers for evaluation with mass production slated to begin by the end of May.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page