Samsung Intros SCX-6345FN Network-Ready Multifunction Printer
Samsung has announced the first in a new line of high-capacity, network-ready multifunction laser printers that offer workgroup performance, efficiency, and flexibility with duplex copying, laser printing, color scanning and high-speed faxing capabilities. The SCX-6345FN MFP is designed to perform in the most demanding work environments with print and copy speeds up to 45 pages-per-minute in letter size, delivering high-quality, high-resolution documents with up to 1200 dpi effective output. The SCX-6345FN MFP produces crisp color scans with up to 4800 dpi (enhanced) scanning resolution for capturing high-quality color and sharp black and white text.
Joining a growing family of black-and-white, multi-function workgroup products currently offered through authorized distributors and dealer networks, the SCX-6345FN MFP has a simple design that makes it easy to ship, install and maintain either as a desktop or workgroup multi-function printer. From the initial set-up stage through normal maintenance tasks, the SCX-6345FN is simple to install, use, and ultimately, to maintain. Step-by-step network installation and a simple touch-screen interface make it easy for offices to set up and maintain the printer, with or without dedicated IT support. Once installation is completed, the SCX-6345FN features a generous, LCD touch screen and intuitive UI design, providing simple selection and reducing the time spent reviewing user manuals and educating staff members.
While the SCX-6345FN may be powerful, it is also economical and offers business class MFP customers one of the lowest running costs in its class. Furthermore, the model's space-saving design occupies up to 75 percent less space than competing products in its class and simple, one-touch features such as an embedded "Toner Save Mode" and "ID card copy" reduce toner use and drive down costs. The ID Card Copy feature can copy both sides of an identification or insurance card onto one page in fewer steps than competing products. ID Card Copy is an essential feature for medical and healthcare organizations that want to create patient files faster and reduce paper waste. To reduce the need to frequently restock paper, up to three additional paper trays can be added, expanding the paper capacity up to 2,180 sheets of paper.
The SCX-6345FN MFP offers enhanced features for managing a wide variety of office tasks such as:
1. Expanded Printing-Standard 40GB hard drive and automatic duplexing provides advanced capabilities for collating, proof printing, delayed printing, confidential printing and storing jobs.
2. Scan to Anywhere-Scanned documents can be easily sent through email, FTP, SMB and Client.
3. SyncThru Web Admin Service-enables IT managers to manage and monitor all printers/MFPs on the network. This is suited for job accounting, usage metering, authentication, storage management, remote driver installation and maintenance.
4. SyncThru Web Service-provides administrators with the ability to change network and individual printer settings, upgrade firmware, and view network printer/MFP status.
5. SmarThru Office-enhanced document management and editing features for easy and convenient use in offices with complicated networks and a variety of equipment.
6. SmarThru Workflow (optional)-streamlines the document capture- process-route system enabling easy document management.
The SCX-6345FN MFP offers built-in Windows Vista, Macintosh and Linux compatibility through Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and 10/100 Base-TX interfaces for seamless integration into networks and work group environments.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page