EVault Announced Availability of EVault Web CentralControl
EVault has announced the general availability of EVault Web CentralControl, which simplifies the anytime, anywhere management of data protection environments for businesses both small and large.
Available for EVault InfoStage and EVault Protect customers as well as service providers offering data protection services based on EVault technology, EVault Web CentralControl is an easy-to-use web interface for managing and protecting data assets across the network, remote offices, and even different companies. EVault is the only vendor in the industry that allows customers to choose between licensing and managing software, licensing software and outsourcing the data protection management to EVault or subscribing to the EVault Protect online service.
The new release of EVault Web CentralControl delivers enhanced features that streamline management of the entire data protection environment. The browser-based dashboard offers complete accessibility and real-time visibility to all data assets and recovery jobs. Setup and administration are simplified, and auto discovery of new backup agents and wizards facilitate task configuration and scheduling. New features include:
• At-a-glance Dashboard – Allows users to verify that backups have occurred and easily troubleshoot any issues;
• Wizard-driven interface – Eliminates guesswork and simplifies setup of backup and recovery;
• Agent self-registration – Simplifies setup and minimizes configuration time by automatically registering agents to the central management console during installation;
• Customisable workspaces – Facilitates management and monitoring by enabling users to create their own folders and search groups;
• Agent and Job Propagation – Streamlines management for larger, more complex environments by allowing backup jobs to be easily pushed to other agents;
• Role-based user access – Provides flexible access to the application with 6 roles from view only to execution of all tasks;
• Broad platform support – Ability to manage agents running Microsoft Windows, Sun Solaris, Linux, IBM AIX, Microsoft Exchange, Oracle databases, Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Clusters;
• For Service Environments and Managed Service Providers, benefits include:
o Operator Messages – Enables communication with customers and users by providing messages regarding maintenance schedules, new releases, and other important information on the main dashboard;
o Support View – Provides the ability to view a customer's environment remotely for troubleshooting;
o Ability to brand the interface – Allows partners to customize the look and feel of the application.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page