Vivo and Palm Launch Treo 700wx with Windows Mobile in Brazil
Palm and Vivo launch the Palm Treo 700wx smartphone, the first Treo smartphone in Brazil that runs Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition. Now available on Vivo's 3G network, the Treo 700wx combines a mobile phone, comprising the functionality and ease of use for which Treo smartphones are known, with the power and security of Windows Mobile favored by many businesses. The main features of the new Treo 700wx include the following:
- Built-in camera: 1.3-megapixel camera to shoot crisp, clear digital images and videos;
- Memory: 64MB RAM for program execution; non-volatile memory helps keep data safe even if the user forgets to charge the battery;
- Bluetooth: integrated wireless technology for communication with compatible earphones, car kits, computers and printers(3);
- Expandable memory: expansion-card slot, compatible with SD, SDIO and MultiMediaCard;
- Battery: removable, lithium ion with capacity for up to 5 hours of conversation plus 300 hours in standby;
- Screen: 240x240 transflective (TFT) screen.
In addition, the Treo 700wx, which will be sold through Vivo retail stores, uses Vivo Smart Mail, which allows users to send and receive email remotely.
Palm's Windows Mobile 5.0 based Treo smartphones provide customers with a compelling combination of powerful software and the ease of use long associated with the Palm experience. Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Phone Edition provides many user advantages when compared with other smartphones:
- Touch screen: Makes surfing websites, gathering data and navigating forms and applications much easier;
- Copy/paste: Additional functionality provides added productivity;
- Built-in viewers and editors: Ability to view and edit Microsoft Word Mobile and Excel Mobile files, and view PowerPoint Mobile and PDF files;
- Software applications: Large number available for Pocket PC Phone Edition;
- Saving: Ability to save images and sounds from a website.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page