Microsoft to Celebrate Windows Vista and Office 2007 Availability
Microsoft says it will unveil the Windows Vista operating system and the 2007 Microsoft Office system to consumers worldwide on January, 30. To help celebrate the launch of these flagship products, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer will kick off a series of local retail events around the country by visiting a New York City Best Buy store. Ballmer will share his own "wow" moments with Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system, the most thoroughly tested software releases in Microsoft's history.
Microsoft has also partnered with retailers to host events in more than 30 locations across the United States.
• Starting at 10 p.m. on Jan. 29, Microsoft has teamed up with retail partners and FOXSports.com to host red-carpet events for sports fans and enthused customers featuring DJs, special offers and pro football player appearances.
• On Jan. 30, Microsoft and its retail partners have lined up a day full of events for consumers, with hourly hardware and software giveaways including Xbox 360 drawings from 4 to 7 p.m. locally. Microsoft experts will also be on hand in stores to demonstrate the latest innovative features in Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
• In addition, consumers can sign up their local K–12 school for a chance to win a PC lab makeover worth approximately $25,000 at each participating retail event.
What:Nationwide retail events celebrating the launch of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
Who:Microsoft representatives will be available to provide product demonstrations of Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office system.
When:Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2007 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. locally.
Where:Microsoft spokespeople will be available for interviews in the following cities:
• New York: Best Buy, Steve Ballmer, 529 5th Ave. (44th St. and 5th Ave.)
• Los Angeles: CompUSA, Monrovia, Calif.
• Chicago: Circuit City, Schaumburg, Ill.
• Philadelphia: Circuit City, Wilmington, Del.
• San Francisco and San Bruno, Calif.: CompUSA
• Dallas-Fort Worth: CompUSA, Plano, Texas
• Boston: Circuit City, Natick, Mass.
• Atlanta: Best Buy, Alpharetta, Ga.
• Seattle-Tacoma: Best Buy, Bellevue, Wash.
Special retail events will also be held in these cities:
• Houston: CompUSA
• Detroit: Best Buy, Utica, Mich.
• Tampa, Fla.: Circuit City
• Phoenix: Best Buy, Glendale, Ariz.
• Minneapolis-St. Paul: Best Buy, Richfield, Minn.
• Ft. Lauderdale-Miami: Circuit City, Coral Springs, Fla.
• Cleveland: Best Buy
• Denver: CompUSA, Littleton, Colo.
• St. Louis: Best Buy, Chesterfield, Mo.
• Indianapolis: Best Buy
• Charlotte, N.C.: Best Buy
• San Diego: Best Buy, Oceanside, Calif.
• Nashville: Circuit City, Franklin, Tenn.
• Kansas City, Mo.: Best Buy, Overland Park, Mo.
• Cincinnati: Best Buy, Springdale, Ohio
• Milwaukee: Best Buy, Wauwatosa, Wis.
• Buffalo, N.Y.: Best Buy, Amherst, N.Y.
• New Orleans: Circuit City, Slidell, La.
• Baltimore: Circuit City, Hagerstown, Md.
• Richmond, Va.: Circuit City, Glen Allen, Va.
• Washington, D.C.: Circuit City, Vienna, Va.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page