T-Mobile USA and RIM Unveil New 'Pearl White' BlackBerry Pearl
T-Mobile USA and Research In Motion (RIM) have launched the new white BlackBerry Pearl, featuring a stylish new color for the phone. The new white BlackBerry Pearl is now available in the United States exclusively from T-Mobile. The BlackBerry Pearl is now available in a lustrous, pearl white finish, as well as piano black. The BlackBerry Pearl shines with its easy-to-use phone, personal e-mail, and Web browsing. With the BlackBerry Pearl, sending an e-mail or chatting through instant messaging is as simple as placing a phone call.
The BlackBerry Pearl is myFaves-enabled, allowing customers to have quick, one-touch access to their favorite five friends and family. In addition to calling, instant messaging and texting, consumers are also just a tap away from sending an email to one of their five myFaves contacts – helping people stay effortlessly connected to the people who matter most. With the BlackBerry Pearl available now in piano black or pearl white, customers will be able to connect while expressing more of their individual style.
Key features of the BlackBerry Pearl include:
- BlackBerry Internet Service - allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts;
- Popular instant messaging clients: AOL, Yahoo! MSN and ICQ 3;
- 1.3 megapixel camera with 3 zoom levels (up to 5X) and built-in flash;
- Multimedia player with stereo headset jack with support for MP3 and AAC music files, as well as MPEG4 and H.263 video formats;
- High-performance HTML browser for visiting your favorite web sites while on the go;
- A newly enhanced version of RIM's SureType keyboard technology that makes typing email quick and easy;
- An incredibly intuitive user interface with an easy-to-use trackball, dedicated 'menu' and 'escape' keys, and context-sensitive menus that make navigation feel instinctive and fast;
- Intuitive call management features such as smart dialing, conference calling5, speed dialing, and call forwarding;
- First-rate phone features with Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR) for Voice Activated Dialing (VAD), dedicated 'send', 'end', and 'mute' keys, speakerphone, and Bluetooth support for hands-free use with headsets, car kits and Bluetooth peripherals;
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS and EDGE network support for international roamin;
- BlackBerry Maps – a new application which adds mapping and location-based services to the BlackBerry Pearl. BlackBerry Maps works together with other BlackBerry applications, enabling the user to send maps via email and launch maps from other applications, including contacts in the user's address book;
- Support for polyphonic, mp3 and MIDI ring tones;
- A large, ultra-bright 240x260 color display that brings images to life;
- An innovative light-sensing technology that automatically optimizes the screen, trackball and keyboard lighting for indoor, outdoor and dark environments;
- 64MB built-in flash memory, expandable via microSD expansion slot;
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server support – integrates with Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise environments and features a new set of IT policy controls for IT departments to manage camera and expanded memory usage.
The new white BlackBerry Pearl also comes with a complement of white accessories – stereo headset, travel charger and USB cable - that are included in the box.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page