IBS Signs MoU with Government of Gujarat
Intelligent Business Systems (IBS) and Government of Gujarat have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to partner in Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission. Gujarat is the first state in India to set up a Biotechnology Solutions Venture which will be aimed at Research Outsourcing. As part of the MoU, Intelligent Business Systems Centre for Bioinformatics (CfB) along with Shanku's Group will be providing the Bioinformatics & Biotechnology research based solutions respectively.
IBS will deal with computer-aided drug discovery, drug interaction and bio-analysis. Also, Shanku's group will be investing Rs. 40 crore for the venture.
Intelligent Business Systems' CfB specialises in research and data analysis, which can be extended to provide an invaluable analytical insight into biological data and utilities to aid the scientific and commercial community in the understanding of genomic and proteomic data.
CfB will collaborate with academia on problems of relevance to improve medication and healthcare delivery. The mathematical approach has numerous cutting-edge applications in modern medicine and therapy development. These include:
• Individuals responding adversely to one or more drugs.
• Predicting disease and treatment outcomes.
• Improved economic and practical efficiencies in healthcare delivery, thus better targeting high cost treatment to those patients most likely to benefit from it.
• Computationally complete genome sequence analysis and comparative genomics.
• Development of intelligent systems for genome.
• Protein interaction maps using gene fusion events.
• Pattern discovery.
• Evolution of the transcriptional machinery.
• Development of standards for genome sequence annotation.
• Document clustering and information extraction from biological text.
• Precocious diagnosis of life-threatening disease.
write your comments about the article :: © 2007 Computing News :: home page